Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LivePro controller midi or touch screen

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Glad to hear that! I said it would probably be sooner than later and... I was right!

One Novation Remote Zero SL is officially on it's way.

(Silly hobby)

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    I can't speak about other Novation products, but linking the Novation Remote Zero to LivePro couldn't have been any easier. It was literally plug-and-play.

To configure it, you open the config window in LivePro, select a feature (X rotation, Scan rate, master intensity, etc) and then move a slider or knob on the Remote Zero. Presto! That knob or slider is now linked to that feature. Nothing to it...

Adam
    Does anyone have a drawing of there default layout of what has been found beast assigned to which control? Would rather copy someone than re-program multiple times after finding out the what ifs etc.
    leading in trailing technology

Like this?

pretty annoying this 15 char thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zero MKII..jpg  

Novation.jpg  

ZeRO-V3.2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Like this?

pretty annoying this 15 char thing
    Yes thank you.........................
    leading in trailing technology

Is there any benefit in getting the SL MkII for LivePro use?

Or indeed, which do the people actually prefer to use?

I'm trying to work out if the MkII is worth the extra spend if the SL has everything you need.

I prefer the MKII because the buttons got a better layout, and the sliders feel better and are touch sensitive, and you have a extra row of button under the shift button

If you can wait a few weeks I have a MKII up for sale at a lower price than the MKI

Ok, perhaps if you could drop me a PM when the time comes please? Otherwise I'll probably miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Is there any benefit in getting the SL MkII for LivePro use?

Or indeed, which do the people actually prefer to use?

I'm trying to work out if the MkII is worth the extra spend if the SL has everything you need.
    I've had the SL25 MKII (the keyboard version) and I'll be getting a SL MKII soon.

The benefit of touch sensitivity can't be over stated. When you see how well it works you will love it.

The problem with a lot of midi controllers is that because each knob or fader often has multiple functions, you still have to spend a curtain amount of time in left brain logic mode to keep track of which knob is doing what.

With touch sensitive controls, you just rest you finger on a control and it's assigned function appears on the screen above that control.

This way your can stay in creative right brain mode with out the logic pauses in between.

You won't regret getting a MkII

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Someone should try to use the powerglove as a midi device or the austin power glove.
    I don't know if it might give funny results or handy uses

!Turn your volume down as it has some quite loud background noise!

We might be able to map gestures to keys.
    might be a worthless idea though ;p

And the wiimote can be done too but it's has no finger triggers unless you make some
    I've bought a P5 Glove three years ago. It was made to become a cheap gamer solution in 2002. Got it from one of guys who assembled them back then (in 2005 they were discontinued due to small interest in it as in a gamer gadget).
    Took it for some ableton-virtualdj-sunlite action using MIDI. Well, due to it's simplicity (80 bucks compared to nearest "pro" glove at about 1.5k$), it operates a bit inaccurate, but after some tweaking this thing shocked me as much as a mouse did back in 1996.
    Abilities (not to mention gesture control - software is made and supported only by hobbysts and some features are still to be invented):
    X-position in space=fader
    Y-position in space=fader
    Z-position in space=fader
    X-tilt of the glove=fader
    Y-tilt of the glove=fader
    Z-tilt of the glove=fader
    5 fingers bending=5 faders
    And four buttons on the glove itself.
    This thing needs to get used to tho.
    If I'll have some free time I'll gladly show it "in action" with my mid-build projector. But with mamba.

Woa the P5 glove, I remember looking at the thing too before.
    Wow I thought at first it was expensive, guess I was wrong.

Also try and have a look at the program glovePIE.
    Programmable Input Emulator I thought it was.

It's really easy to use and you can map about anything or any hardware device, well Alot.

And yes please do I love those virtual reality gloves *or at least near the mocap range*
    Made one myself once well alot simpler with just cheap webcam and a glove with some different coloured LED's to it.
    It worked quite well and Played the game portal with it 3 years ago I think ;p

I remember the software I used was CamTrax