Thread: Analogue 532 on without mod input?

Default Analogue 532 on without mod input?

I bought a greenie off a member here a while ago and its now mounted in my upcoming projector.

It was advertised as being analogue modulation, but unlike my blue & red it comes on without any modulation input.

Question is...

Is this possible or have I been sold a TTL unit.

If it does turn out to be ok, how does it sort itself out once connected to my FB3? Will I have to change a specific setting in LivePro/QuickShow to account for it?

Cheers

Hi,

It may be TTL or it may be analog. Have you tried driving a variable 0-5V supply on the modulation input to see how it reacts? This is the only way to be sure, as everyone here will only be guessing.

IMHO, TTL units typically run without modulation attached, Analog units typically are off. That is not to say your analog complies with this typical scenario.
    This space for rent.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Many units come with a "weak pull up" resistor installed on the driver for various cowardly reasons, including having to do tech support or write good manuals. A normal drive circuit with a low enough output impedance will cancel out the effects of the resistor and the laser will work normally.

The fact that this flies in the face of safety is a discussion for another day.

Check your configuration switches if it has them.

Easy first test is to short the input to the lasers "input" ground on the driver. If it winks out, there is a pullup at work.

Steve

some lasers "sense" if their inputs are floating (not hooked up) or if they are attached to a circuit.

have you hooked up your mod signal inputs? are they hooked to your ilda connector? if so, try hooking your control cable from your DAC to your ILDA input and see if this turns the laser off. "technically" speaking, this is a big no-no. lasers should not fire until they are given a modulation input signal.

also, have you checked any sort of config switching? what type of laser is it?

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Unfortunately I guess, its a cheap far eastern affair. No name.

Its all hard wired into the projector now so I am just waiting on delivery of a DB25 cable then I will be able to test it.

He sold a few of these units so im guess that it will be analogue, but was wandering if I will need to make and specific setting change within the software to take into account the lasers 'ON' status?

Better quality modules next year (its my first projector )