Thread: Custom Mount Needed

Default Custom Mount Needed

I need to send a beam at an immediate 90 degree angle, so that my argon head will fit into a case. What I was thinking of is a custom mount machined to fit on top of the two screws that mount the light pickup assembly on the front of the laser. Then, somehow fork out over the beam path so that a mirror may be mounted, and send the beam at a right angle as close as possible to the light pickup assembly. Unfortunately a mirror mount right outside the laser is just too far, I need to be able to mount something directly to the light pickup. Any ideas or machinist willing to make this?

Draw up what you need with specs and I will see what I can do...providing time...as I get it.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Lightbulb

Hey J -

Not to take-away from Sir MechEng's fine-offer, but...

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Draw up what you need with specs...
    Yes, in any-case, you're gonna have to supply an accurate drawing, with dims, of all holes / beam-placement, etc, etc - I've got *boxes-full* of all-sorts of mounts and custom-milled 45'ers, from various projectors / lasers / etc, down-here, and I'm certain, something could-be 'kluged-up', in short-order, from stuff we've got, just taking-up space...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

What I was hoping to do, was just send the light pickoff assembly to someone for an exact mount, providing we could agree on a reasonable price and timeframe.

Does this work?

Hey J -

Quote Originally Posted by superj7777 View Post
    What I was hoping to do, was just send the light pickoff assembly to someone for an exact mount, providing we could agree on a reasonable price and timeframe.

Does this work?
    Spec your 'timeframe' and 'budget' in a PM, and I'll let ya know if it's doable... I will want you to also 'draw up' the desired beam-path, and I'll 'verify' with you before I start scroungin' / put any tools to metal...

But if I end-up doin it for ya, I will want you to send a small % the total price to MechEng, cause he was in line, first... just cause dat'z how I roll...

If for some-reason, I cannot do-it (ie: will, indeed, be best to machine, vs kluge...) perhaps, if he's the time, he can then get it done for ya...

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I will do it for you (placing pinky lightly touching corner of mouth tilted slightly out) for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

(austin powers reference)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    I will do it for you (placing pinky lightly touching corner of mouth tilted slightly out) for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!

(austin powers reference)
    Hits self in head with hammer......I have been working for peanuts all this time??? If you guys get hooked up and knock this out on the Cali side....better as you would get the part faster than waiting on the mail....even if it is 2 days....but I will do what I can if the guys can't in your area.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

@superj7777

Just a thought... why can't you just replace the pick-off with a dielectric mirror shoot the beam straight up, move the sensor to the front and recalibrate it for the mirror leakage.

You won't need any adjustment till you get to the next bounce anyway!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    @superj7777

Just a thought... why can't you just replace the pick-off with a dielectric mirror shoot the beam straight up, move the sensor to the front and recalibrate it for the mirror leakage.

You won't need any adjustment till you get to the next bounce anyway!

Cheers
    Thanks Catalanjo! That will work And, thanks to all who replied