Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FB3 firmware downgrader?

Default FB3 firmware downgrader?

Looks like I accidentally upgraded my FB3 to 7.2 firmware, and I have another FB3 that can't be upgraded (for some reason), which means I can't run both on the same version of LivePro.

Anyone got any ideas? I hear there's a downgrader floating around, but I'm kinda tight for time and don't have time for the usual turnaround of talking to Pangolin.

I would be interested in having this as a backup file....I upgraded as you did and now it is rather nonfunctional. Probably something I have done incorrectly...e-mail sent to Bill at Pango HQ.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

The one I've upgraded works fine with the new version of LivePro; however, I have an old one in a Neo-Laser projector that for some reason won't take the upgrade. If I want to use both FB3s together, they either both need to be on a version 6 firmware, or they both need to be on a version 7 firmware; since I can't downgrade one, and I can't upgrade the other, I'm stuck.

Backwards compatibility: not just a good idea.

So, yeah, I got the old NEO Semi Pro FB3 updated to 7.20 firmware and now it doesn't work at all.

With anything.

Even QuickShow.

Not even LiveQ works. I'm super sad. I need this working ASAP, does anyone have the Pangolin firmware downgrade utility? Please? I need this to work by Friday, I promised someone and now it's looking like I'm going to disappoint. :-(

:-(

there is no way of downgrading firmware for the FB3

at least I am fairly certain thats what Bill said at SELEM

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    there is no way of downgrading firmware for the FB3

at least I am fairly certain thats what Bill said at SELEM
    Well, what am I supposed to do, then? I have an FB3 that has a version of firmware on it that can't run anything at all.

honestly your only option is to contact Pangolin?

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    honestly your only option is to contact Pangolin?
    I am eagerly awaiting their response as we speak.

doubt your going to get it at 5am lol

they could go two ways with it "send it to us and we will fix it" or "its an OEM part, contact the manufacturer, go away"

I would expect them to do the first, but the integrated FB3 is technically an OEM part so its not really their problem... at least if their OEM agreement is anything like OEM agreements I have had to deal with in the past...

example you buy a dell with a seagate hard drive in it... the drive has no warranty though seagate, they will tell you to contact dell for replacement and its up to dell to replace it at their cost

Their firmware updater shouldn't have put bad firmware on it without a way to restore to the original...