Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new RGB laser for beam shows

Default new RGB laser for beam shows

I am interested in buying a new RGB laser for outdoor beam shows. The area I would like to address during the beam shows is approximately 80m in total length, thus 40m on each side of the scanner.

I'd like to start with something that is not very expensive in order for me to play with and generate the interest, thus was thinking for something available from the china market, but yet needs to be reliable.

Any suggestions/comments will be more than welcome either here or on my email address: nicholasspiteri(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

So many contradictions there matey.

"RGB Outdoor" vs not expensive.
    Reliable vs China.

You may be setting your sights a teensy weensy bit too high for a first step into the exciting world of Laser Displays.

Lower your expectations and folks can start to suggest some projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    So many contradictions there matey.

"RGB Outdoor" vs not expensive.
    Reliable vs China.

You may be setting your sights a teensy weensy bit too high for a first step into the exciting world of Laser Displays.

Lower your expectations and folks can start to suggest some projectors.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I am aware that RGBs tend to be expensive 7 am prepared for that but not for the 'very' expensive ones.
    As regards reliability, what i mean is that others worked fine and have used the equipment. I do not want to be the guniepig.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

As you've started this thread in the Buying section then I guess you need to quantify your vision of Expensive vs Very Expensive.

Once peeps know what you are willing to spend (in terms of hard cash) then you can begin to see what's available in your price range.

somewhere close to 2500... was looking at the Laserworld Proline PRO-750RGB...any comments? thks

Hi,

I am bit puzzled with 80m distance and 40m on each side...

Do you want to do normal beam-show, where size of the venue is around 80 metres from projector to the end and it is outside?

If so, then second most critical question is if you can get enough haze during the shows or not (size of hazers and wind need to be considered).

YES = Around 3-5W RGB could work
    NO = huh, lot more power 15W+

And that also depends on ambient light.
    In either case the haze will help A LOT!

BTW, you can look on our website. We do sell NOT china and reliable = more expensive stuff.

Cheers.

Ups, new comments appeared ...

Laserworld = waste of money (most of PL members will agree on this I guess).

Go for whatever else then LaserWorld if you can (HB, Arctos,...not sure how much they are).

Our lowest model is 1.6W RGB and costs €3290 at the moment, but for outside shows ... not enough power, unles dark and really hazy.

http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/produ...rgb-RGB-1.6-LM

anything outside needs lots and lots of power and lots of smoke.

750mw would be like a little led shining into the night sky = useless...
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

You are going to need at least 1W green 2W blue 2W red to do something decent outdoors.

The first 2 are easy and relatively cheap. The red isnt. You would be better off using a single colour laser to start with. $2500 would get you a decent green or blue system for doing outdoor shows, provided you built it yourself.

outdoors i use minimum 6watts for color, and a lot smoke, i mean like constant it gets expensive per night. also yeah laserworld 750 prob wont output 500mw you wont even see it outside way underspec.