Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets make 8 watt of blue or............1.6 watt of RED!!!!!!!

My setup can stack beams in different ways. I also can turn the diodes on the circuitboard. I made the setups for combining reds but because its versatile i can learn how to stack the beams the right way. It is the same with lenses. I think there are more then 50 post about what lenses to use for collimating the blues. Most of the time it goes like this: I guess, i didn,t try but, i asume , i think.............. same with the reds. Thats why i bought more then 30 lenses to test on the blue en red diodes because i was done with guessing i wanted to see it with my own eyes. In the beginning i had problems with the stability because of the mounts. You can see the progress in the pictures because the design of the mount has improved.I didn,t want to use the exact mount like arctos originally designed. When i have succesfully build the red and blue setups its just a matter of downsizing. because i think 80mm x165 mm is quite big but on the otherhand it has the driver and tec included. If someone has a good tec driver that can be used comercially let me know I like designing things for lasershow entertainment. I hope i can do this one day in a week and work the other 4 normally. I need some support to reach that goal but i already experianced that not everyone is keen on helping me when i make money out of it. I always try to pay back with the prototypes and in the end a few modules. Thats als mainly the reason why things go slow and there is not a good driver for this module available. I don,t have the electronic design skills. But the only thing that matters that i will succeed in developing my own modules. I dont care what the cost are as long as i have money i will invest in this project. Its just a matter of time when i have my own modules. Then i will start building high powered projector
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080573.JPG  

P1080607.JPG  

P1080955.JPG  

P1080658.JPG  

P1080618.JPG  

Last edited by edison; 12-09-2010 at 13:34.

im sorry but what am i missing about a wave plate??

a wave plate changes the polorisation not the axis, so again coming out of the cube will be two different axis I -.

so using two sets of prism pairs wont work as you will expand the slow and fast axis at once.
    Hi Andy, I may have missed a detail here, but as I understand it, both sets of beams will be set up so that they are oriented the same way, so either || or =

As they will both be polarized the same way, a half waveplate will be used on one of them so they can be combined with a cube. This means they will still both exit the cube as || or =.

All that is needed then is a single prism pair or set of correction optics to sort the fast axis out. The polarization change with a waveplate is independant of the orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Hi Andy, I may have missed a detail here, but as I understand it, both sets of beams will be set up so that they are oriented the same way, so either || or =

As they will both be polarized the same way, a half waveplate will be used on one of them so they can be combined with a cube. This means they will still both exit the cube as || or =.

All that is needed then is a single prism pair or set of correction optics to sort the fast axis out. The polarization change with a waveplate is independant of the orientation.
    hmmmm i see, so why arent we making 10watt reds then using waveplates??
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I guess because there's a limit to how many diodes you can reasonably stack together, before you get into some expensive telescopes, etc.

I would guess 4 or 6 at each polarization is nearing the limits of a reasonable homebuild without excessive cost.

Arctos comes pretty close man

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Fourdee, your right they are quiete expencive to make.But i,m working my ass of to make better designs. I sell the prototypes to members so they can get their hands on quality machined stuff. They fund my new designs to keep the cost low. I designed a dual for red and blue. The red is the suprising part. It will be 1 watt of 636 nm with good specs.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    We are!

If you had a looked a little bit closer to some arctos designs I posted on this forum you would have found a waveplate.

Also the smallest 650mW 640nm in the industry I sell is using a waveplate...

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    We are!

If you had a looked a little bit closer to some arctos designs I posted on this forum you would have found a waveplate.

Also the smallest 650mW 640nm in the industry I sell is using a waveplate...

link ?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

If you use lens with a longer FL you end up with a very low divergence of 0.2mrd but with a Fatter beam. I can use a telescope in this setup to make the total beamsize smaller but it will increase the divergence by 4 if i use a telesope of 4:1.
    So stacking and stability works, optic table for adding PBS and prisms or telescope. Flexmod driver can be included maybe also a tec driver when i can find the right one.

I would like to have the one from SRS but he develops only stuff for hobbiest and not for commercial use at least thats what he said a few months ago.

Hello!
    Maurice is my official distributor. Now the modules looks a bit other (redesigned) but have the same Size...
    Here is a Linkt http://www.live-lasersystems.at/down...tt_lrrm650.pdf
    Greets,
    Phil