Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lets make 8 watt of blue or............1.6 watt of RED!!!!!!!

Talking Lets make 8 watt of blue or............1.6 watt of RED!!!!!!!

Hello guys

Yesterday i recieved my parts from the metalshop. I can only say one thing, Im getting there but its a bloody long road. I have developed this module for combining 8 red or blue diodes. One bennefit of the brass internal blocks is that you can adjust the heigh of 2 diodes so stacking is easy this way.

I decided to post some pictures to show people the quality of my modules. Let me explain:
    The left quad in the picture shoots the beam directly into the PBS. The quad right below in the picture shoots the stacked beams to the left toward the singlemount and then in the side of the PBS. After the PBS you can mount a prism pair for shaping the blues or a telescope if needed. I,m still in the learning fase so thats why i designed it like this so i can also try a telescope and different lenses if needed. The modules will have the driver and Tec inside the module. The size of the modules is 16.5 cm in lenght and 8 cm in width

For people who bought my blue no worries they will be finished before 11 december so ready for the Meet in Ilpendam. I will try to finish one module so i can show it at the Lem in Ilpendam

If people are interested in a 8 setup i have 4 that are up for sale. Blue or red shoot me a PM. The modules will be custom build. I will build the first one with red open cans and see how this works out. When i,m satisfied i will swap 4 diodes for 640nm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080946.JPG  

P1080937.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Hello guys

Yesterday i recieved my parts from the metalshop. I can only say one thing, Im getting there but its a bloody long road. I have developed this module for combining 8 red or blue diodes. One bennefit of the brass internal blocks is that you can adjust the heigh of 2 diodes so stacking is easy this way.

I decided to post some pictures to show people the quality of my modules. Let me explain:
    The left quad in the picture shoots the beam directly into the PBS. The quad right below in the picture shoots the stacked beams to the left toward the singlemount and then in the side of the PBS. After the PBS you can mount a prism pair for shaping the blues or a telescope if needed. I,m still in the learning fase so thats why i designed it like this so i can also try a telescope and different lenses if needed. The modules will have the driver and Tec inside the module. The size of the modules is 16.5 cm in lenght and 8 cm in width

For people who bought my blue no worries they will be finished before 11 december so ready for the Meet in Ilpendam. I will try to finish one module so i can show it at the Lem in Ilpendam

If people are interested in a 8 setup i have 4 that are up for sale. Blue or red shoot me a PM. The modules will be custom build. I will build the first one with red open cans and see how this works out. When i,m satisfied i will swap 4 diodes for 640nm.
    how adjustable is this setup as theres a big big difference between the size of blue beams and red beams.

445 using olike lens = 1mm by 3mm
    660 using 7020h lens or standard aixiz lens = 5mm by 3mm
    660 using lens 27 = 1mm by 1.5mm

so everything needs to be able to move like 5-6mm
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

The mounts can be moved 8mm and the diodemounts can be moved also 8mm I use a single lens. Not cheap but quality

Default what lens

The mounts can be moved 8mm and the diodemounts can be moved also 8mm I use a single lens. Not cheap but quality
    hey edison what lens are you using ? how much they cost ?
    whats the beam size from them ?
    thanks
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

should do the job nicely then.

i have a new lens on order which i have high hopes for. its cheap and made of plastic but is coated for 660 and hopefully with give a nice small beam
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Badger, Thanks for the interest. I can,t tell you the beamspecs and the size of the beam yet. I ordered open cans to fit on the electronic circuitboard that i designed for these setups. When i have the Open cans and the boards i can start with building them. I also will build an 8 watt of blue or maybe an Red/blue module. Development is very expencive so money is thight. I have sold a few blue modules but i need to sell some more the fund to improve things. Because most members build there own blue module i don,t have enough funding to build it with 640nm diodes

I will post some pics when i have the boards and the open cans.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Thumbs up Looking Gr8

Looks great Edison. PRO builds are great to see but even better to own. I'm watching this project very closely.-jimmy
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

If anyone is interested in 8 watt of blue send me a PM. I will build one in the next month or so wwhen i finished the red module. Both are for sale when i,m satisfied with the beamspecs.

I think you are forgetting something...

You do know a beam needs to have the right polarisation to work with a PBS...

I didn,t forget that Mccarrot. I have a possibility to ad a half wave plate. I dont need it when using red diodes because the i can place the diode in two possitions on the electronic circuitboard that i designed.
    Last edited by edison; 12-03-2010 at 11:51.