Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Maxyzmodules 200mW RED module

Hi Guys, Glad you all got your units ok..

As far as cleaning acrylic lenses..
    I have found Insta-Clears found at Visionworks ., works the best for me..
    But first I would give it a blast from a Air-blaster., a photographic thingy
    that looks like a plastic squeezy bulb..
    If that doesnt work , then use the liquid with a very soft q -tip and very
    gently wipe one side first to see if it did the trick, if not , then do the inside..
    Please be careful about using alchohol or any solvents as this will damage the lens.

I have found dust to be a hassle sometimes.
    So you might think about making a HOOD or round tube to keep the dust from settling. Altho I think I might have sovled some of that with the poly insulator that sticks out..
    Also, Be careful when adjusting focus.. That insulator is there for a purpose.
    I made a plastic tool for adjusting focus for the units going out but you may
    readjust it to match your optics or distance.

Have fun and Thanks
    Last edited by marconi; 04-12-2007 at 15:07.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Thanks Marconi,
    (I dont plan on adjusting the focus though..dont see any need for it--seems pretty "spot-on" to me )

I usually cover the whole project with a paper towel (carfully to avoid paper flecks) to keep dust out while I'm not working on it..but sometimes i forgets
    Last edited by steve-o; 04-13-2007 at 04:39.

Marconi--
    Does the cube have A/R coatings? There is a small reflection from the face of the cube. I need to be concerned with that reflecting back into the diode? (its not much power, but it is a small reflection nevertheless)
    Steve

It's maybe not enough to be risky, but you don't need to reflect it back. The through beam will go straight through, bar a tiny off-axis offset, with wide variations of cube alignment, and that means you can bring the side beam across the through beam, and bring it from a non-right angle. Keep it close, but it's helpful if it's not exact. Then you steer the cube to get the reflected side beam to join the through beam, the AR coating will still be very effective at the small angle deviation involved, and you get the added benefit that the reflections of both lasers won't go directly back down their business ends.

Sounds good.
    Thanks Doc

You're welcome. Try it cautiously, I played with the idea by holding a cube in tweezers, I haven't yet tried a permanent mount, still waiting for metal to make tiny mounts. I think it will work but I haven't done enough to know if there might be some problem with this. I doubt there is though.

Default damn

I was shocked sat night.... i had the module up and running on my desk (i'm working on getting it mounted in my projector and just wired into power supply) and the manager of my club put his unlit cigarette in front of the beam for about 10 seconds until it started smoking... he pulled it away and puffed and it was lit! I knew this was bright but had no idea it was powerfull enough to do this!!!!

Oh yeah, Marconi's modules will definitely smoke stuff.

I was adjusting my RGB projector inside the box..
    When the red was ON.

Then suddenly I start to feel a smoke_a_like smell on my nose
    And then it was a hole in my sofa started to burning from the laser....

So that stuff in the eye will be bad....

Extremely...................