Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: swami makes some lumia

That's some really sweet work there, swami. I'd love to see it in action, in person. It ourta be at SELEM 2011......

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's my plan!

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    That's some really sweet work there, swami. I'd love to see it in action, in person. It ourta be at SELEM 2011......
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hey Mr C...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    There was some operator error on my part. Try it again..
    OIC... DUDE - KILLER WERK!!! Very very nice... Especially-love the 'eggbeater'... brilliant....

I just-may have the 'next bit of temptation' for you - and before you label-me a 'capitalist pig' - there are only two of these, in-existance, AFAIK...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07362.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	21980

... a variable-focus and positionable lumia-projector... (...you know... how, when you shoot a beam thru a wheel, and you 'skew' it, on an angle, you can get a slight 'depth'? dat'z what these do - lumia with *depth*, that you can 'place' via a large 'moving-head-style' mirror...

I'll be posting better pix of this puppy, soon.. I have to start a 'fire-sale' in the next week... Clients have been seriously 'constipaying' lately...

Bitchin werk, Man.. keep it up...

Hey sofo...

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Nice though they are...aren't all lumia projectors kinda one trick ponies?
    That's what 'one trick minds' think... ...the magic word is "v a r i e t y", which, a lumia-projector adds so much-of, to a show... ie: http://www.youtube.com/user/dslasers.../5/N_vbI_uq2rU

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    A proper projector does so much more (via the magic of scanners) than just display pretty patterns.
    Yes, indeed... but, there is, in-fact, the 'lost art' of lumia-only shows - where, thru speed and wheel / fx-selection variability, the laserist can 'play' the lumia-projector, to the music... (ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DymstRmKnCk (short-example of live-played lumia-fx start at ~0:54...) I've got, somewhere, vid of a piece that is 99.9% lumia only, and it's spellbinding... (there is only ~3 sec of 'animation', at the end, and only-of a 'sparkle fx'... I'll post, when I find it...

cheers...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Never had scene your channel before. WOW I think that whole CSL system needs to make SELEM sweet shows.
    leading in trailing technology

Hey J -

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Never had scene your channel before. WOW I think that whole CSL system needs to make SELEM sweet shows.
    Yep. Datz what all the 'fuss is about', with the Laserium-shows... some of best projectors ever-made, IMHO...

...but, RE; 'CSL @ S'LEM', 'eeeah, that'd be a tall-order... not exactly 'packable'... - BUT - what would-be kickin would-be 'integrating' the ADAT-playable portions, like we did in Aug., 2-channel, again, properly-tuned and geo-corrected - WITH swami's very fine projektorr, here... ...we'll have to see what we can 'hatch-up'...

peas...
    j

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

once again you raise the bar super high..

i'm good with that, but it'd be nice if you were a little closer so i could learn from *da master*.

let me know more about your magic "capitalist pig magic box" when you get a chance.. at the very least, i'd like to know what it does and how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Mr C...

OIC... DUDE - KILLER WERK!!! Very very nice... Especially-love the 'eggbeater'... brilliant....

I just-may have the 'next bit of temptation' for you - and before you label-me a 'capitalist pig' - there are only two of these, in-existance, AFAIK...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07362.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	21980

... a variable-focus and positionable lumia-projector... (...you know... how, when you shoot a beam thru a wheel, and you 'skew' it, on an angle, you can get a slight 'depth'? dat'z what these do - lumia with *depth*, that you can 'place' via a large 'moving-head-style' mirror...

I'll be posting better pix of this puppy, soon.. I have to start a 'fire-sale' in the next week... Clients have been seriously 'constipaying' lately...

Bitchin werk, Man.. keep it up...

Hey sofo...

That's what 'one trick minds' think... ...the magic word is "v a r i e t y", which, a lumia-projector adds so much-of, to a show... ie: http://www.youtube.com/user/dslasers.../5/N_vbI_uq2rU

Yes, indeed... but, there is, in-fact, the 'lost art' of lumia-only shows - where, thru speed and wheel / fx-selection variability, the laserist can 'play' the lumia-projector, to the music... (ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DymstRmKnCk (short-example of live-played lumia-fx start at ~0:54...) I've got, somewhere, vid of a piece that is 99.9% lumia only, and it's spellbinding... (there is only ~3 sec of 'animation', at the end, and only-of a 'sparkle fx'... I'll post, when I find it...

cheers...
    j
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

once again you raise the bar super high..
    Well, I sincerely only aim to 'inspire'... Looks like you've 'caught some great air', so-far, man....

it'd be nice if you were a little closer so i could learn from *da master*.
    Hah, 'master', lol!... Oooh, no, I'm only a 'grasshopper', m8... the true-'Masters' are those, in-whos shoes, I follow... ...And Van Nuys is only, what, 6hrs 'n-change from Goodyear? ...Well, 'come-on over, Red Rover'! If we ever get this SoCaLEM goin' ya gotta at least come out fer that... we'll see...

let me know more about your magic "capitalist pig magic box" when you get a chance...
    10-4, good buddy...

cya
    j

Wow Jon! Those are absolutely awesome videos. I'd love to see the real thing sometime, there's only a few thousand miles between us, but that would make it worth the trip.

We could do with a Laserium here in the UK. The only Planetarium I know is in London, great shame.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Nice projector Swami- thanks for sharing all of those pics too. Looks like some really beautiful effects. Threads like this are very inspirational- I like it
    I have a few odds and ends (including some of Jon's wizard dust) I'd like to organize into a new lumia box, but in order to do so, I need to switch hobbies for a short while (fun with microcontrollers)
    Thanks, Mike

Great story and lovely workmanship!

I particularly related to this comment "i voided warranties" made me LOL!

Thanks for sharing.