Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: head-on beam shows... How do they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow
    Quote Originally Posted by addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGordito
    I am only getting a logo. Or is that the joke? :?
    nope, that is because hot linking isn't allowed. Just copy the address of the picture, past it in a new browser window. Hit enter... then you will see the same logo saying hot linking isnt allowed. Then hit [ctrl] and [F5] both at the same time and you should be able to see the pictures
    and when you have done that, you can se the pic here
    jup, because it's then cached on your HD, and instead of retrieving it again it checks you have viewed the pic before. Since you just retrrieved the right file, it will load the correct picture

what a stupid system....
    but nice pictures 8) 8) 8) 8)

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow
    what a stupid system....
    nah, not stupid at all. This system saves donwload time and will make websites load faster
    But the no-hotlinking system works in a different way (not sure what you meant with 'system' so al ittle more on that...) The website (in this cas www.partyflock.nl) hosts pictures (lets use http://photo.partyflock.nl/images/46479/main/207738.jpg) when you load it, a script will check what the refferer is. When viewing the pics trough the original site it would be a page on their own domain, and thus be legimit >> so you get to see the right file.
    but when we try to post that file here, the refferer would be www.photonlexicon.com, the the script goes like "hey! www.photonlexicon.com isnt the same as www.partyflock.nl! They are trying to hotlink!" and will refuse to sshow us the picture we asked for. Instead they show a you-arent-allowed-to-hotlink-image

but nice pictures 8) 8) 8) 8)
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by ElGordito
    I am only getting a logo. Or is that the joke? :?
    nope, that is because hot linking isn't allowed. Just copy the address of the picture, past it in a new browser window. Hit enter... then you will see the same logo saying hot linking isnt allowed. Then hit [ctrl] and [F5] both at the same time and you should be able to see the pictures
    Well, the joke is on me. I can find absolutly no address for the hotlinked pictures. Right-click, nothing. Double click, nothing. Hover, nothing.

I guess IE is protecting me from those cool pictures. I can see the originals on the original site. But nothing here.

if you use OPERA, you can just right click and "save image adress"

and you can "open image in new browser"

damn folx DONT use M$ Explorer :evil:

In opera you can turn of referal too. Then the images should wok unless the webmaster is paranoid.

Most of the time they will let you see the images without referal since some browsers dont send referal and that would disable all pictures even if viewed from the right site.
    You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Maybe its just me..but what am I supposed to see here?

Nevermind...was lookin at the wrong link..

Very kewl !!!
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Here's the easiest way to see the images...

http://partyflock.nl/gallery/1717/PAGE/A.html

Warning! This will load ALL of the thumbnails, so if you're on dial-up it's going to take forever! But it will load. This is actually an index page of all the images. Since it links to an HTML document and not just a page element (ie a .gif or .jpg) the server sends you the page.

This isn't hotlinking in the classical sense because you're loading the whole page, complete with the navigational buttons on the side to move around on the new site so there's no confusion as to which site you're on.

Thoose pics doesnt really show much. Better watch the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33462526871820

Rather extreame lasershow.
    Everone do audiencescanning with 2Watt+ DPSS lasers here in Europe.....

That IS Intense!! Do you know the company that produced that show?

OK, Just found it... Laserimage b.v.
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com