Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: head-on beam shows... How do they do that?

That is INSANE :twisted:

That is what I had in my mind with my stuff one day :roll:

But WHERE can I find music that start out with a talking dude like that ?
    It`s p e r f e c t to do a intro !!!

Eh, I dunno... I thought the whole dark, sinister voice-over at the beginning was cheezy.

The music was your basic house mix... Nothting special there. And the 13 projectors (!) really give new meaning to the term "Spaz and Flail", starting at around 2:40 or so into the show.

It looks like they actually have 15 total projectors, but two of the green ones on the sides (just inside the blue projectors) are only used sparingly.

I think the 10 projectors in the center ring structure are just plain overkill. They are so bright they mask one another out at times. 4 would have been enough.

And I know I'd want goggles if I were in the audience. ZAP! Lots of static beams terminating in the crowd...

Waayy Too Much Green !!!!!!!
    Washed out all the other lasers..didnt see much in color mixing.!

Music really did nothing for me...was kinda bored after the the first couple of minutes..
    Expected more after that intro ...I'd want my money back

Still.. Was a good effort.. synced pretty fair... I guess better than nothing

I agree on the beams...hope they passed out disclaimer forms
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Music is awful, but for some reason theese crappy hardstyleparties seems to have the biggest lasershows.... :roll:

Here is the same clip but with much higher resolution. Not as blurry as the other one:

http://www.3d69.be/LASER/laserimage.avi

Always nice to freeze some beemz in the audience in order to fry some eyes... :twisted: The green ones in the center are 2Watt DPSS...any ide about the others?

I dont see any static beams in the audience. I see a lot of scanned beams, but nothing off a beamtable
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

what is static beam ? and what is scanned beams..

Static beam is any beam that isnt moving.

Scanned beam is any beam or effect that is being moved around the audience.

Say you are moving a single point or spehere or other effect constantly through the audience without stopping, that is a scanned beam.

Dave;

Ok - maybe not quite static, but darned close. In the begining there is a fan of about 8 beams that is swept down to the audience and then it just holds there, with the beams in the audience. Then, after several seconds, the fan slowly rises back up. And by slowly I mean it takes like 5 seconds to clear the heads of the audience.

I know I'd be looking the other direction if I were in that audience.

There are other parts of the show were beams linger in the crowd for 1-2 seconds. I watched the whole show several times, and the more I watched it, the more uncomfortable I was.

I'm not usually a laser-safety-nazi... But throwing around slow-moving or stationary beams or patterns from multi-watt lasers into the crowd is just a little too extreame for my tastes.

Now, if you've got your galvos scanning a complex pattern at full speed and then you briefly dip the scanned pattern into the audience, or pan the pattern past them, then that's a little bit better. Still unsafe, and certainly against the CDRH rules, but not nearly as bad as just blasting a static (or nearly static) set of beams into the crowd.

Actually, The more I look at it, The more I would have liked to have been there !!
    *** with eye protection of course ***

After looking over the pictures more and tieing it all together, That must have been one hell of a set-up !! woulda been cool to have particapated in putting it all together..

Afterall, I am an Engineer and the Hardware-Man in me begs for hands-on.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Marconi;

Yeah, the geek in me says "Whoa... That was cool!" But the other part of my brain that protects me from lawsuits says "Don't try this at home!"

But you're right, it would have been spectacular to watch.

It would also be really cool to see some video of the setup work for this show (or one like it). I'll bet they worked for days... (Imagine the power and cooling requirements!)

Adam