Thread: red power and wavelength to add to green

Default red power and wavelength to add to green

ok, so what would be the best wavelength and power to add a red diode to a 100mw 532 green to get mixed yellow :?: also, maybe an unusual combination but same question but adding a blue 473nm to the green diode :?: thoughts appreciated.
    dave321

Hi dave,
    looking at the rgy lasers on eBay there seems to be a great difference in ratio's.
    I have a F01 which is 2x150mW red 650nm to 50mW green 532nm, that is 6:1.
    The F02 has 100mW red 650nm to 30mW green 532nm, thats 3.3:1, both from the same company using the same 650nm reds.
    The same thing seems to be happening with the ratio of blue to green, again looking at figures from eBay I've seen 60g/50b, 180g/200b and 400g/200b.
    From them figures it seems the exact ratios are unimportant, the mix will always look good at the end.
    The important factor is plenty of red.

Jim

Ok, So from personal experience, i have added 200mw 650 to 300 wm of 532 and got 3 distinct red, yellow and green colors... And with color modulation lots of variations on that... So, really use your eyes to be the best judge.... Personally im gonna put my system at 300 green 400 red and 200 blue, and be happy with the balance.. I use Pangolin so i can train the system to produce a nice white, but also have a High Power color set ready to Blow them away....
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

The best ratio to obtain perfect white is : 4 : 2 : 1 for red, blue and green...

I have a 170mW 660nm and a 200mW green in my projector, when I mix the two the color is still green, no yellow, even when I turn down the green to ~100mW... With software I have to shot 5-6 times red with 1 time green on the same point, to obtain true yellow.

Laser-AD : do you verified your 300mW of green with a power meter and an IR filter? It seems impossible to do yellow with your ratio...

Default colors

I have good results at 400mw 650nm- 180mw 473nm- 100mw 532nm. They have been fine tuned in the color palet only in limiting green in certain color mixes to get a goog yellow and magenta. The blue regions have also improved with a little less green. The overall white balance is better and not saturated with too much green tint. I wish i had a 500mw 650 nm unit.....maybe Marconi is working on that.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

thanks guys, thats gives me something to think about
    dave321