Thread: Noob with an RGB

Default Noob with an RGB

Hi everybody,
    First of all, I'm glad I finally found somewhere that I can get legit help with some issues I've been dealing with and advice I can glean from others. I am a noob when it comes to lasers. They are just a new hobby (an expensive one) but I want to get into them a little bit more as well as some lighting stuff.
    That said, I've just received a new 480mW RGB with an ILDA port and I bought the ishow DAC (stupid me). So I'm looking to sell that and get something better. Since I want to sync my stuff to music as well as work it with the current DMX software I am using (VenueMagic) is there a DAc that will let me save custom shows onto a box like Easylase and then just cue the images to play via a DMX cue?
    Thanks
    theatreman22

is there a DAc that will let me save custom shows onto a box like Easylase and then just cue the images to play via a DMX cue?
    The Pangolin FB3-SE will do this, although you will need to put the board in an enclosure yourself. The XE version that comes in the enclosure doesn't have a DMX input

I second norty's recommendation. Currently the FB3-SE is the best choice for good dmx playback.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Keep in mind that applying moving effects to cues is best done in laser software, not via dmx.
    Calling cues with a fixed size, rotation, and such via dmx are no problem.
    If you want to transfer a circle-cue into a smooth bouncing and zooming tunnel, it will always be sub-optimal. The 25Hz refresh rate and 8 bit resolution are just no match for the realtime computations of software. This will be especially visible in the slow parts.

Nevertheless, the fb3-se work just a smooth and snappy as one could expect from a pangolin product.

I'd recommend QuickShow (Pangolin Flashback 3) as well.
    - instinct