Thread: Site "trinkets"

Default Site "trinkets"

So... I was trying to avoid running prepackaged content delivery systems... I didnt want to look like one of those worthless blogger sites... or the 30 million other PHPNuke installs out there.

Currently have PHPBB, MYSQL, Gallery, and now a frappr up and running so that all but destroys my original plans.

OK... Here we go...

Im thinking of installing mediawiki for a picture intensive laser information source, electronics(schematics and commentary), and to store/sort some of the extremely informative forum entries here.

If mediawiki allows the upload of zip files then that would really be wonderful and a good way to store files. As it stands now people email me content and I throw it in the /hostedcontent/ directory... (have a look if you havent, theres a ton of stuff there)

Currently debating wordpress as a CMS... I dont think i have enough patience or content to update it frequently and I dont think the world needs another specialized interest group self serving blog...

Comments, Ideas, Suggestions?

Default umm

I have a friend that could do us a nice site if you have someone to do the backend. He dose awesome designs. ( http://www.darkcampus.co.uk/ )

Costs very little, maybe $50 ish.

Got a few other people that may do it for free, but normally just the design template, you still need a coder for the backend.
    Regards,

Aidan

That guys designs rock... seriously... I am awestruck...

Default Yep

Yep, used to go to school with him.

Hes just a uni student, so nice to take advantage of the awesome work for little cost!
    Regards,

Aidan

heya Spec!

Let me know if I can be of any use, this is my latest site design (still cleanin up the latest bits and making it 100% cross-browser compatible)

http://www.uni-log.nl/mb/