Thread: Which software? Pangolin beyond(?)

San Diego California in the United States

Question Which software? Pangolin beyond(?)

Hello I am john, I am trying yo decide on a software to use with my 1.2w rgb projector, I have about $800 to spend. Would quickshow be the best option? What is this pangolin beyond(?) Software? Any information on that? Thank you!

Hi John-

definitely go with Quickshow! if you can extend your budget $145, go with the Live Pro upgrade also. ($600+345 holiday special for live pro) This will get you into an excellent software package for plenty of high end laser shows!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Hi John-

definitely go with Quickshow! if you can extend your budget $145, go with the Live Pro upgrade also. ($600+345 holiday special for live pro) This will get you into an excellent software package for plenty of high end laser shows!

-Marc
    I definitely 2nd Marc's comments!!

"Beyond" is the next generation of software from Pangolin - not sure of a release date..
    While it will probably be geared more towards the QM2000 users, some of the software "engine", I believe, is in use in QuickShow now.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Personally I'd consider going with Pangolin Quickshow.

It is the easiest-to-use laser software out there, and it carries the lowest published price of any similarly powerful laser software on the market. Quickshow was made for ease of use by beginners, while still having enough power for professional use.

You can select your level of advancement from the set up page menu and the software will then tailor the interface to meet your level of competence. As you progress, you can reset the interface's level of complexity to meet your increased skills.

However, even on advanced the software still remains easy to pick up and use with no prior knowledge. Unlike many software packages out there, there isn't a steep learning curve or need for complex tutorials. Most people can display cues straight away. The Medium and Advanced settings, simply give you more advanced features hidden away in the menus when you start to dig. The basic ease of use you get with QS isn't compromised in any way.

Plus as far as I know, Quick Show now has the most comprehensive workspace out there at nearly 2000 cues, most of which were made by award-winning industry professionals.

That and the great support (what other company gives you direct responses from the CEO) is probably why most of us on here are Pangolin users.

Beyond is still some way off so far as I'm aware (I have no inside information on this, just my intuition based on little snippets I've heard).

I'd be surprised if there wasn't an upgrade path in any event for any QS users that want to move up the ladder. Pangolin often offer upgrade paths for their software but don't hold me to this. In any event, residuals are really high on Pangolin systems, usually very near to new price such is the demand.

Pangolin software is definately the way to go.