Thread: coherent innova 200

Default coherent innova 200

I have the opportunity to buy a coherent innova 200 (20W argon) and a 5W rgb mixed gas.
    The 5W rgb has my interrest, but the innova is a bit too big. Would this innova sell easilly in europe/belgium? And how much would this sell for? I dont know if it is working but I assume that it is working, but has many hours on the tube. Anyway the cosmetic shape is very good (if this would say something about the rest of it's condition) and it is built-in in a huge flight case for transportation.
    Along with the lasers there is some power transformer stuff that input 400V 3-phase which I think would go with the innova. I have until 8/12 to decide wether I take it or not.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Ask your self a question. Do I have a monthly gig at a place that has 75 kilowatts of III phase power and unlimited cooling water?
    Do I work at a place that will allow me free, unlimited, access to three phase power?
    Do I have unlimited, infinite storage space ? Do I have means of easily disposing of scrap metal, and getting paid for it?

You have not provided any specs on the RGB, and without that, no speculation.

If the answer is no, just skip this project.

The I200 is a monster. Working, good tube, in the hands of a professional, fixed install like a theme park, or mega disco, or university lab, it might be marginally worth it. However PSU repairs are difficult at best and tend to require replacing long strings of expensive transistors. Not to mention needing a box truck with lift to haul it. If it is not in PERFECT working order, do NOT pick it up. You need to be wealthy or a good sized corporation just to haul it around.

Unless you are A. Wealthy B. Have a lift truck, C. Have unlimited III phase access. D. A free place to store it. E. Use for it, DO NOT DO it.

I would not pay anything for large frame ion laser right now, unless I knew it was working at 85% of spec power, the biggest model of the series, set up for visible and the tube was perfect, and I had a customer screaming for it, and the customer had somewhat unlimited money.

Do not buy unknown junk. If you are wealthy enough to throw away the funds, then please spend it on Charity instead. :-)

I would imagine the only market for the 200, again, unless your a lab or theme park, is one of the Laser Resellers in Europe, and right now, its probably worth peanuts to them, unless they have a customer badly in need of parts.

I200 spex from the Laser Innovations web site.

http://www.laserinnovations.com/coherentlaser_innova-
    200_LaserInnovations.htm

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 12-06-2010 at 02:10.

The RGB would be the only thing I was interrested in (btw it is a medialas 5W supernova with a medialas colorbox).
    Both lasers would cost me about €700.
    So if I could get rid of the I200 for a decent price (to cover my transportation costs of it as you mentioned) I would consider buying it. The equipment come from an event company that got bancrupt.

I think I'll skip this one and build an all solid state RGB for the project I needed the RGB for. Easyer in handling