Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Little introduction to Fiesta.NET and LaserMATRIX - video!

We actually do sell your stuff as well Bill, so it is not that I am trying to dig something out against your products. Pango was first thing I bought with my first laser. And until I discovered and tried others I thought it was the best.

And BTW, I have not problem with your products in most cases - of course I have opinions. But yours 1-16 "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS" sounds bit too egoistic to me.

1. Last few years difficult? New companies with new ideas watching you closely maybe..

2. Just MY experience

4. You should remember as you wanted to sell me this free update

11. OK, valid point - forgot about DSP

12. I hear the same things other way round

Regarding QS - I meant create effects rather then edit (from start to finish, including drawing the shape). If that's possible, I apologize.

Not sure about White-Light's calculation, but if you can send me 3 x Intro in NET enclosures including LivePRO (all needed to perform same as Fiesta) for less then €2100 I take it RIGHT NOW!
    300 awards? Well, 25 years against relatively new software (4 years only) - what do you expect. Also I guess that programmers or teams winning those awards are mostly from the same compannies every year and if they were using your stuff for many years, why would they change.

I think we should hand this thread back to Fiesta now!
    (But if can get me that set-up for €2100 I take it).

All I can say Martin is each to their own.

I downloaded a copy of Fiesta.NET to see what all of the fuss is about.

My intitial impression are that the programme appears to be a much simpler version of a Quick Show type programme that appears to be much less powerful or fully featured than even Quick Show, which lets face is itself, semi-professional.

That kind of makes me astonished that you can compare it to a full professional level system such as LD or suggest it as a replacement for LD users nevermind QS users. I personally wouldn't even consider swopping Quick Show for it given the feature differences.

You mentioned earlier about cueing, but cueing appears no different to Quick Show in ease, both are 1 click and display.

There are however a vast number of features, both simple and advanced found in Quick Show that don't appear to be in Fiesta. The real feature differences appear when you start to hit the menus. I could start to list them but given that Bill might not have all of his features patented or patenable, and considering I beta test for Pangolin, I don't really want to help Showtackle with a definitive list. I'm quite sure they're capable of producing their own if they were that way inclined.

All I can say is that I can see feature wise why its cheaper system than Pangolin's. That just my opinion though and assuming I haven't missed some menu.

I'll let others decide:

Here's a screenhot of the main page:

CLICK ON IT TO GO TO THE HOST THEN CLICK THE MAGNIFYING GLASS ICON TO GO FULL SCREEN:

I recently bought a FB3-QS and I certainly wouldn't swop.

Like I said above though, horses for courses. All programmes have their place in the market and their supporters. Just because I don't rate it against Quick Show doesn't mean that its not any good. I just think its not as fully featured as Quick Show from what i can see which makes me wonder why you think its an LD replacement.
    Last edited by White-Light; 12-09-2010 at 03:02.

You set it 100% right!

Initial impression, simplier, appears to be less powerful.

It is simplier and once you know it you'll find it powerful. But also very reliable and effective!
    And simplicity and effectivity is why I prefer it.

Besides, I don't think KVANT would use it for their shows if it wouldn't be professional enough!

I see the promotion now Martin, the Kvant name appears at the bottom of the help file so I'm guessing this is a joint venture.

Btw you mention simplicity, but in QS I want Multiple effects I just press the "multi" button and I can click a 2nd cue to instantly layer one effect upon another.

How does it work in Fiesta, from the Quick Start Guide:

1. How to create effects for laser show? We are going to create four effects and placed it into one show.
      - First effect: select a pane on your new bank and right click on it. Effect properties window shows up. Type the name: "plane high". Right click on the 'Root' and choose 'add generator', then 'basic shapes'. Select 'plane' on image generator. Right click on the list box on the transformation buffer, select 'highlight points' and set speed to 2.
      - Second effect: select a pane on your new bank and right click on it. Effect properties window shows up. Type the name: "plane rot ".Right click on the 'Root' on the effect tree and select 'add child' on drop down list and type the name "1st". Right click on the "1st" and choose 'add generator', then 'basic shapes'. Select 'plane' on the image generator. Right click onto list box onto transformation buffer, select 'highlight points' and set speed to 2. Right click on the list box onto transformation buffer, select rotation and set angle spd to -360 (be careful on minus sign) and axis to Z.
      - Third effect: Drag and drop pane window with second effects and move over another pane window and drop down window shows up, then click on Copy(pic.1.) In effect properties window type the name: "planes".We are going to create one more effects but with different rotation. Right click on the "1st" on the effect tree and select 'add sibling' on the drop down list and type the name "2nd". Right click on the "2nd" and choose 'add generator', then 'basic shapes'. Select 'plane' on the image generator. Right click on the list box on the transformation buffer, select 'highlight points' and set speed to 2. Right click onto list box on the transformation buffer, select 'rotation' and set angle spd to 360 and axis to Z.
      - Fourth effect: Drag and drop pane window with third effects and move over another pane window and drop down window shows up, then click on Copy. In effect properties window type the name: "planes mov ".Select the 'Root' (left mouse click on it) and right click on the list box onto transformation buffer, select 'movement' and set amplitude to 54, check 'smooth' and axis to X.
    2. How to create show? Click on 'Show' on the main menu, the drop down box comes up, then select 'add new'. The show sub window fills up. Left click on the icon of the clock (see pic.2) and select 'Audio'. The new icon next to the clock shows up. It's the same clock, but with a red dot. Click left mouse button on the clock with the red dot and brows your desired song. To add already created effects to tracks is really easy. Drag pane window with effect from the bank sub window and drop it on whatever place of zero track on the show sub window. Place the effects on the tracks as you see on pic.2.

pic.1.
    Somehow it doesn't seem simpler to me.

Anyway, as I said, horses for courses. Some may like Fiesta, for me it's QS all the way having compared the two.

You sound unfriendly while there's no reason to be. As I say, I use Pango as well. Just that for beam shows the Fiesta might be more fun to use

It used to be joint venture, but it is not anymore (just copyrights - that's why is it in the manual).

Little example how to create WAVE effect in Fiesta - simple enough I think...

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    You sound unfriendly while there's no reason to be. As I say, I use Pango as well. Just that for beam shows the Fiesta might be more fun to use
    Sorry Martin I certainly didn't intend to come across that way.

Ultimately if anyone wants to switch then that's their decision. I'm certainly not going to persuade them otherwise, after all I have no financial interest in this anyway. I don't work for Pangolin (other than voluntary unpaid beta testing) and I don't have shares in them.

I just felt a little as if this thread was aimed at pursuading Norty and maybe others to switch whilst not giving them the full facts of the capabilities of both programmes in order to allow them to make an informed decision.

To say that Fiesta is a better programme than the market leader is a bold claim and one that rightly should come under some scrutiny.

Its certainly different and certainly a little cheaper so far as multi-projector systems are concerned, I was initially wrong on that through not understanding how it interfaced. The Matrix in addition is certainly a fantastic piece of kit albeit at an additional not unsubstancial price. However, I'm not sure that the claim that Fiesta as a programme is better necessarily holds up. Different maybe, but its doesn't appear as fully featured and it doesn't appear easier to use than QS (at 1st glance) although granted LD is far more complex and it has ease of use over that. Equally in other areas eg. multicue, it seems far more complex than QS and in some areas like your wave demonstration, maybe its more powerful, although does this make up for lack of features in other areas eg Projector Settings and Beam Attenuation Mapping, or the complex Multicue? - A personal choice I would think.

Its as I've said elsewhere, horses for courses. If Fiesta floats someone's boat then they should buy it. They just should be fully informed of how it compares to the other programmes out there when a discussion like this blows up.
    Last edited by White-Light; 12-09-2010 at 05:13.

In a perfect world we would have Pango software with Fiesta.net OEM controllers in each projector

Oh no, thread was supposed to be purely informative and to inspire people. And because Fiesta suits me better then the market leader, I thought I will pass the info to others.

LD and LivePRO are quite often simply too much. So many features and windows and little tick here and tick there - when performing live, there's barely time to do some basic changes and adjustments - so all that "too much" is not necessary at all.
    So why not to show something less cluttered, yet functional enough to satisfy professionals.

I'll have the multicue video ready soon

There are brightness maps, and in terms of colour ballance settings it is superb! You can actually draw the fade curve for each colour (module), so you can eliminate any problems with non-linear fading. Then all modules mix exactly the same when you turn the brightness down.
    You just right click on the device window and it's all there...

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    LD and LivePRO are quite often simply too much. So many features and windows and little tick here and tick there - when performing live, there's barely time to do some basic changes and adjustments - so all that "too much" is not necessary at all.
    So why not to show something less cluttered, yet functional enough to satisfy professionals.
    We probably all know Hugo stunning shows.
    Did you know he barely touches his laptop during live performance and only uses a few ques over the evening.Everything else is manipulated with his livepro controller. We all know Livepro got more buttons than a space shuttle but because you can map everything to a midi keyboard you can make a desk just as you like and have all the controls you like.
    This is why I moved from Phoenix to pango, phoenix simply had too little options to make a desk I like. For live control I think a good desk is very important.
    Look at the the huge DMX light desks used during live shows. in theory you could control all the DMX lights with only one PC, but thats simply not practical. I believe the same applies to live laser performance.

Default something less cluttered...

...something less cluttered?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fiesta.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	22161