Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Little introduction to Fiesta.NET and LaserMATRIX - video!

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    We probably all know Hugo stunning shows.
    Did you know he barely touches his laptop during live performance and only uses a few ques over the evening.Everything else is manipulated with his livepro controller. We all know Livepro got more buttons than a space shuttle but because you can map everything to a midi keyboard you can make a desk just as you like and have all the controls you like.
    This is why I moved from Phoenix to pango, phoenix simply had too little options to make a desk I like. For live control I think a good desk is very important.
    Look at the the huge DMX light desks used during live shows. in theory you could control all the DMX lights with only one PC, but thats simply not practical. I believe the same applies to live laser performance.
    You can map everything in Fiesta as well, that's not a problem. I do like thing as automatized as much as possible.
    I have just ordered Akai APC40 - it is made for Ableton (which I am using as well), but I am hoping to use it for lasers if the device will allow me to remap it.
    Interesting what you say about Phoenix - it has probably twice as much buttons as Pango so I thought it had also more then enough possibilities to perform well. Did you have their Live part of the package as well? Or just Phoenix?

I used Phoenix PRO, which is pretty ok, but its simpy LDS with a skin and some extra features.
    And I used Phoenix live which is really a piece of crap, and absolutely nowhere near to livepro (but maybe they improved it because I was using one of the first versions)

Oh and the APC will not work by default, as all the lines on the cue grid sends out the same note, but on a different midi channel and you cannot remap it in the APC. sliders and rotaries will work.
    Last edited by mccarrot; 12-09-2010 at 09:59. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post

LD and LivePRO are quite often simply too much. So many features and windows and little tick here and tick there - when performing live, there's barely time to do some basic changes and adjustments - so all that "too much" is not necessary at all.
    So why not to show something less cluttered, yet functional enough to satisfy professionals.
    Martin, I still get the impression you're unfamiliar with Quick Show 2.0 despite selling it (not a personal attack just an observation from the fact that you seem unfamiliar with its simplicity).

Above on multi-cueing your Fiesta help file instructions seem to imply the multicue needs to be prepared in advance and that to display a mutlicue, you need to set up relationships between it and other cues on a parent / child hierarchy (I kind of got lost at that point).

Yet you've said that Fiesta is easier to use than Pangolin's products (I certainly accept that against LD), but Quick Show?

This is multi-cueing in Quick Show:

A single cue playing, I want to multicue so I click the "multicue" button then click the cue / cues I want to add and instantly they're playing mutitcued. I want to return to single cue, I click the "Single Cue" button and a cue and immediately I'm returned to a single cue.

It all happens live and in real time. No need to prepare multicues in advance, no need to set up associations or hirearchy's or relationships.

(OK, I accept nil points for artistic merit but these were more or less random selections!)

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Martin, I still get the impression you're unfamiliar with Quick Show 2.0 despite selling it
    I had no idea Martin was selling ANY Pangolin gear. He's certainly not listed as an official dealer on our dealer web site. And I don't recall having any communication with him in recent time. (Not saying it didn't happen, just saying he's not exactly top-of-mind-awareness...)

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    This is multi-cueing in Quick Show:
    Al, try this. Go to multi-cue then start a cue playing. Then right-click on that cue and select HOLD. Now you will be able to play other cues while "holding" that one. For example, you can go into FLASH mode, go to a targeted beam page, then start pounding on beams and have your background "held" while you put in new beam frames, or new foreground frames.

QS represents a true revolution in the thinking of laser show creation. That's why we have applied for a patent on the user interface of this innovation.

Pangolin competitors tend to introduce copies of what we do anywhere between two and ten years later. (For example, why do you think everyone else is naming their hardware "blah blah blah .NET"? Hardware had not been called that prior to Pangolin's QM2000.NET.) A patent helps us to push copy-cats out to 20 years...

Bill

For example, why do you think everyone else is naming their hardware "blah blah blah .NET
    Or of course it could be the logical naming for something with ethernet capabilities, same as for other markets doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    why do you think everyone else is naming their hardware "blah blah blah .NET"?
    cause it connects to a network?? or it could use the MS .NET framework? or ASP.NET framework?

to me .NET just implies that it has network connectivity, dont think Pangolin was the first to use the .NET moniker to communicate that idea (perhaps in lasers, but I mean overall)

If I add a network card to my motherboard I add a NIC, or a LAN adapter not a .net
    I'm not aware of any hardware network card called a .net (exept pango and the copycats)

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin
    Pangolin competitors tend to introduce copies of what we do anywhere between two and ten years later. (For example, why do you think everyone else is naming their hardware "blah blah blah .NET"? Hardware had not been called that prior to Pangolin's QM2000.NET.) A patent helps us to push copy-cats out to 20 years...
    So, who was the innovator at Pangolin that came up with the name WIZnet? Sorry, I meant QM.NET

If I add a network card to my motherboard I add a NIC, or a LAN adapter not a .net
    I'm not aware of any hardware network card called a .net (exept pango and the copycats)
    um ok?

what about ArtNet? (DMX over IP) did they copy pangolin?

how about these things, they call contain net or .net

http://www.microsoft.com/net/
    http://www.asp.net/
    http://www.netbsd.org/
    http://www.springframework.net/
    http://www.net-snmp.org/

hell my email address is @flecom.net, did I copy pangolin? I guess ICANN copied pangolin becuase .NET is an entire TLD!

Does pango call the NIC in QM.net for .net? or the whole solution?

I've got lots of automation hardware where the plc network modules is called .net, even predating 2000, and several microcontroller ethernet addons remarkably called serial.net?

Sorry but for pango to be calling shots on ".net" naming on hardware is close to being ridiculous.

However this thread is no longer about the dude with loads of nice rack boxes and no flight, or any positive sides of either pango or fiesta, so why don't we all change to ishow? You never need to worry about wall feeds clogging the uplink, no need to worry about your projector running at full power, and even free pango graphics shows