Thread: The DJ Diaries

Thumbs up The DJ Diaries

I thought I would start this thread to highlight some of the excellent DJ's we work with. After all, if they werent supplying the tunes, most of the events we work at would be a little tame. Lets give some credit to the guys (and girls) who spin the tunes and rekindle some memories and get to hear some classic sounds.

My first submission is DJ Mark Spoon AKA Markus Loffel.

My first meeting of this genius was at the now defunct (but internationally renown) Club UK in Wandsworth. A stonking 4 hour set of blistering trance techno ensured the memory would be indelibly imprinted in my head.

I find his style of music both uplifting, but with "drive" and a pace that really gets a crowd moving. None of that ploddy handbag crap for wimps and lightwrights.

Markus was also known for his tunes released under the "Jam & Spoon" moniker. Probably the most famous being the epic "Right In The Night".

Unfortunately, Marcus suffered a heart attack and passed away in 2006, but he will always be remembered as one of those DJ's who were pioneers and defined music for many years to come.

I have a treasured tape of one of his Clubnight sets. Even now, 14 years after is was made, its still does the business and impresses all who hear it.

RIP fella.

I have a lot of Jam & Spoon material, I love it!

It was a crying shame...

Thanks for sharing.
    This space for rent.

Thanks for sharing.

Always enjoyed his sets.

off to find some to download.

Lots here if you dont mind looking through an amazingly long thread on a German techno forum.