Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LaserWave 640nm -A question for Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Hmm, I have a 640 with a split beam sitting in the workshop. Maybe i can come up with a improvement kit.
    Even a simple bit of machining to the PBS mount to give it a central fulcrum would give some adjustment.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Even a simple bit of machining to the PBS mount to give it a central fulcrum would give some adjustment.
    The models I have seen all use knive edging.

A mount like this would probably fix the problem:

Hey mccarrot, the units (300-400mw) we're having trouble with use PBS combine. When I bought it, I was under the assumption that it was knife edged, but sadly it wasn't.

I plan to use a mount just your picture to correct the problem (either that or just using the driver, diodes, enclosure and completely rework the whole thing.)

Just a quick observation as I see quite a few posts referring to changing to another brand red.
    I have a Kvant red 1.2watt.. prior to that I had a Kvant 900mw . I had quite serious beam issues on the 900 and also with the 1200. Also a serious blow up issue due TEC problems.
    However I was extremely well looked after by Kvant on these problems.
    My point being is, I am of the opinion that 640 is never going to be that easy to tame in terms of physical alignment.
    Even now my 1200 wanders off to a rough blob from time to time. I presume due temperature, physical movement etc.
    In defence of Bridge I did also have an issue with a green but Bridge was right there, saw it right even though it was out of warranty..

I would be happy to buy from either one again.
    Maybe one day we will see a better way to get 640 in higher powers..

Cheers

Ray NZ

The problem is that everything has to stay at the same temperture to prevent things
    from going out of line due temperture differences. Climbing up the 640 hill is quite a challenge( i,m running up to the hill right now) Arctos and RGB lasersystems now how to keep everything stable but i,m sure when they developed their modules they had their problems too. I think when it comes to service laserwave does an excellent job, I think it would be a good thing if laserwave replaces the internals from the modules that they sold if people have problems with stability. Kvant did it with the module that i had. It was out of line and
    They replaced the entire combining system. I think service is the most important thing to keep your customers. There is always someone who sells stuff cheaper but when you deliver service their might be good chance that they stick with you

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    The problem is that everything has to stay at the same temperture to prevent things
    from going out of line due temperture differences. Climbing up the 640 hill is quite a challenge( i,m running up to the hill right now) Arctos and RGB lasersystems now how to keep everything stable but i,m sure when they developed their modules they had their problems too. I think when it comes to service laserwave does an excellent job, I think it would be a good thing if laserwave replaces the internals from the modules that they sold if people have problems with stability. Kvant did it with the module that i had. It was out of line and
    They replaced the entire combining system. I think service is the most important thing to keep your customers. There is always someone who sells stuff cheaper but when you deliver service their might be good chance that they stick with you
    when you pay £10k for an arctos red module you expect it to be perfect
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Thanks for all of you kindly words, which make bridge's heart warmly in the winter, .
    some had received my email, in our new design red lasers, whatever tempeture or some others effect, it well solved the beam detach problems, be honest, when we begin do this new products, we thought it should be easy, after we do it, we know what problems happen, pleasure is Laserwave always keeping improvement and everyone here want to solve the problems and supply our best lasers to our customers.
    If you want to send our before fault red lasers back to us, we will repair the products for you, this time, we guarantee you don't worry about beam detach, if you don't want to send back to us, in future, when you want to buy any of Laserwave's products, we will do some discount for you, thanks.
    Thanks for all of you my freinds, your support is meaning much for us.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Laser-wave can supply:
    Green 532nm, 4W, 10W, 15W
    blue 445nm, 2W, 3.5W, 6W, 10W
    blue 462nm, 2W
    Red 638nm, 500mW, 1W,2W, 4W, 5W, 6W, 8W, 10W
    All diodes, All optics, All mount, All laser base and housing for yourselves building lasers.
    Speical products, 532nm, OEM-V-SS, 4W, 98mm*46mm*48mm; OEM-H, 10W, 250mm*88mm*70mm
    www.laser-wave.com or www.laser-wave.net
    bridge@laser-wave.com or 463366312@qq.com
    We Chat: 463366312, Laserwave-Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by bridge View Post
    Thanks for all of you kindly words, which make bridge's heart warmly in the winter, .
    some had received my email, in our new design red lasers, whatever tempeture or some others effect, it well solved the beam detach problems, be honest, when we begin do this new products, we thought it should be easy, after we do it, we know what problems happen, pleasure is Laserwave always keeping improvement and everyone here want to solve the problems and supply our best lasers to our customers.
    If you want to send our before fault red lasers back to us, we will repair the products for you, this time, we guarantee you don't worry about beam detach, if you don't want to send back to us, in future, when you want to buy any of Laserwave's products, we will do some discount for you, thanks.
    Thanks for all of you my freinds, your support is meaning much for us.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    Thanks Bridge

I appreciate this.(And your good support).

Best regards,
    Eduardo

Angry Damnit.

It just gets better from here........

Finally had time to realign this module. All was well; loosen and tighten the screws on the PBS mount and the beam was just about as good as out of the box. YAaaaa!! Happy.

I was bouncing the beam from a window, back to the wall close to where I was sitting. Got up to look at the beam, sit back down, *forgot to touch a grounded surface*, one last tweak on the screw and POP!!!!!!!! One diode dead.

Yes, each diode in the module has a Lasorb® attached from the factory. So much for static protection..... (No Bill, I'm not blaming your product).

Damnit, Damnit,Damnit,Damnit,Damnit...... Grrrr

Anyone have a 640 diode for sale at a decent price?

I guess I should look at the bright side......At least the beam profile is much better now.

send francesco a PM he might have some 640nm. Hobbybob has two but i doubt he sell his one but he might concider you never know.