Thread: New Guy

Default New Guy

I am new to Laser and been looking for one to use in my Christmas Light Show. I would like to have something that is safe and will do at least 3 colors. I would like to be able to load images ( up to 30) into the Laser directly or via a SD card. Images I get from either the internet or using QuickShow software. Additionally, be able to change the images using a DMX input only. For example if I am playing one song it can display Santa and than Snow Flakes for another song. I want to stay under $500 and it will be displayed on my house red brick wall from about 20 to 25 feet away at night. I have had a few email from http://www.gzxy-light.com/en/index.htm and one of the recommendations is a SD-600RGB with these specifications;

SD-600RGP Full Color SD Card Animation Laser Light

Power Supply: AC96-250V, 50-60Hz, 50W

Laser Power: 80mW 532nm green laser, TE-cooled
    200mW 650nm red laser, TE-cooled
    300mW 405nm purple laser, TE-cooled

Scan System: 20KPPS high-speed optical scanner

Features: RGP animation laser with high-speed optical scanner to create animated graphics, 128 beam show and graphics show patterns, and with the function of unique blanking, frequently flashing, rotating, movement, billowing, zoom (+/-), drawing, speed and color, etc

Play Mode: Program Table, Key Seek, Audio Mode, Auto Mode, DMX Mode, Slave Mode

Has anyone purchased from this company and if so any issues. Any experience with this Laser and more importantly is there a safety standard that I should make sure it meets.

Thanks for any input.

Welcome to PL, Franktr!
    I can't answer a lot of your questions, but there are many here who can. My only recommendation is that you might want to consider a RGB projector instead of a
    RGV (or RGP) or plan on adding blue 445nm later (it's cheap these days) for a good color palette. Violet appears (imo) very dim .

Sounds like a Reke 500RGB might work..