Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Laserworld RGB 500

Angry RIP Laserworld RGB 500

Oh man..... Well were to start hmm. I have a laserworld RGB 500 RS and I havent even had it a year yet,and the red diodes have both died. It all started lastnight when I was running LD2000 try to get to know the software and I smelled somthing then but didnt give it much thought. Then tonight I was messing with LD2000 and smelled it again then I noticed my colors look odd and sure enought the red is gone...... well it glows and thats it......
    Grrrrr.....

djmatt

Don't fret man, just get these:
    1) dual red mount from LaserMan532
    2) Flexmod2 driver from DrLava
    3) red diodes from daedal
    For < $200 total you will have a bunch of nice red again.
    Just be happy it wasn't your blue that croaked!
    -Mike

Thumbs down

Damn man, when you buy a turn key system you should not have to worry about stuff like this. Luckily it is only the reds. Hopefully they will ask you to take them out of the projector and return them instead of the whole case. If not, I'd almost say F it and just buy a set of reds from someoen here as a replacement; or, as you seem skilled, build a set your self.

Probably take you less time and $ then sending any of it back. I would definatly send them an email for warranty work to see what their response is.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Don't fret man, just get these:
    1) dual red mount from LaserMan532
    2) Flexmod2 driver from DrLava
    3) red diodes from daedal
    For < $200 total you will have a bunch of nice red again.
    Just be happy it wasn't your blue that croaked!
    -Mike
    Ah this is true!!! But its still a pain!!! This is the last laser world im going to buy,thats why Im building my own!!!!
    I may have to look in to that!!

djmatt

Laser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Damn man, when you buy a turn key system you should not have to worry about stuff like this. Luckily it is only the reds. Hopefully they will ask you to take them out of the projector and return them instead of the whole case. If not, I'd almost say F it and just buy a set of reds from someoen here as a replacement; or, as you seem skilled, build a set your self.

Probably take you less time and $ then sending any of it back. I would definatly send them an email for warranty work to see what their response is.
    Yes you would think you pay for something nice, you would get something nice!!! Oh well... Life goes on... This just means I going to work harder to get my new laser built!!!!!

djmatt

Lightbulb

Hey, every seller deserves one chance from their buyer to make good on a failed product. (no matter how many chances they have gone through with other buyers) Definatly test, as much as you can, and document all your findings and issues and contact the "seller" so they can advise you on your options before you make judgments. You are in a postiion many others have been but at a possibly unique time. Laserworld can only do better than they have before and life is about self definition through evolution. We are each seeking to evolve into a better version of ourselves (based on what we believe to be "right"). This is the purpose of life, as life is the process of self definition. Give Laserworld the chance to choose to be the next best version or themselves...

DAMN!!! These sinus infection meds are GOOD!!!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Goddamn tree hugging hippy !!

Perhaps we should open a book on Laserworlds response.
    I'm betting a shiny sixpence that it will the the buyers fault cus "he's an enemy of the state aiming to bring down the company with his lies and deceit".

Damn dude. That sucks ass.

I really hate to hear that, Matt.

But yeah---it coulda been the blue.:S

hey matt-

SORRY MAN!!! but ya know what..................???

Your *NEW* stuff is almost in your hands!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

I also think (and i may be wrong) but i think "DZ" was fixing these dula reds. is this the case or am i imagining things?? (its 3:30 AM and i just got in from a show, so im lucky i can type...)

also i think mike (mecheng3) is a *PRO* at these!! (yes mike, im throwin ya under the bus here!! lol....) he may be able to repair it for you.

or u can take the blown diodes, wrap them in cow poopy and ship them back to laserworld and say here are your awesome top of the line, quality lasers!

sorry again pal!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post

DAMN!!! These sinus infection meds are GOOD!!!
    I'm suffering with this at the moment, which meds work?

Back to the thread. If Laserworld's warranty turnaround is the same as I've experienced (read - am experiencing); You may as well make other arrangements yourself, while you're still young.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.