Thread: I need beam splitters !!

Default I need beam splitters !!

Ok,

As some of you know from other posts on the forum, I want to combine RED+RED and to do that I was informed that I need a beamsplitter !?!

As I have seen more and more pictures on the web, (RGB lasers) i notice they combine 2-3-4-5... and more red toghether
    So combining red laser is a usual way to do it ..... :roll:

Let me know WHAT beamsplitter I need, and where I can buy it :P

I found some at eBay, but i really dont know what is what... some beamsplitters are lense, and some is a qube ,,,,

if you know about a web-page that sell this stuff (not more than 10-50$ i hope)

thanx

Hi ,

What you need is a cube beam splitter. Ideally, it should be polarized and anti-reflection coated for peak efficiency when used to combine 2 beams.
    I think you should be able to find some on Ebay within the price range you're looking for if lucky. Even if the're coated for He-Ne wavelength at 632.8 nM they should still be close enough to combine 635, 650 nM laser diodes.

Check Edmund Scientific on line for a reference point and pricing.

Good Luck on Ebay

Rick

thanx for answer

and welcome to this forum, hope you enjoy your stay here :P

Yes i have been searching at eBay, and i think i know what I need now.
    But since my money this time did go on Software, I will search for a beamqube next time I have money to buy one more red module !!

Hi Liteglow,

I Imagine you can probably pick up a cube beamsplitter/combiner coated for He-Ne for about $25 US + whatever shipping costs to Norway.

If you have access to surplus equipment. Old laser printers made by Xerox or Hewlett Packard usually have beam splitters and other interesting optics within them, If you don't mind taking things apart . The laser scanner from any old HP laserjet 2 or 3 have beam splitters within the scanner.
    I might have some lying around but hard to find since I moved, all stuff is boxed somewhere.
    I can have a look but cost to ship from Canada won't be cheap even using surface mail (takes about 6 weeks).

Rick
    Profile Redacted by Admin @ 04.24.2010