Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: First Annual SouthEast Laser Enthusiasts Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Spec
    Im thinking it will be smarter to omit little details like "possible random blindings" or the ever popular "you might have to redo a section of wall paper all the way around the room"

Anywho: heres to another hotel.

OMG Spec, when I read this I just started laughing. I could never had antisipated the pain this would become. I am sure I speak for all when I say we really appriciate your efforts!

It came as a shock to me also.

It'll work out. eventually.

Keep soldiering on, Spec! We're behind you...

Seriously, we do appreciate the effort. Stay in touch re: the ballroom in that last hotel you checked out. If they can cover the windows, it might work... (Or were they one of the ones that were anal about the fog machines?)

Adam

Hi All,

Great forum you have here. This is my first post.

I like the idea of a south eastern gathering of laser enthusiasts. I would like to participate if possible.

If this will take place in Atlanta, I can travel there by car and bring an air-cooled RGB laser projector and 2500 lumen BenQ video projector. These can possibly be used by anyone interested. CDRH would not be a problem in this case since the projector and prospective shows are already varianced. I can also bring lots of great laser shows to enjoy.

Let me know how I can help!

Best regards,

William Benner
    Pangolin Laser Systems

Welcome to Photon Lexicon William!

Glad to hear that you're interested in attending SELEM... Even better that you've got some portable equipment you're willing to bring to the event!

Our host here (Robert, aka Specwhore) is still looking for a venue. It looks like we're going to end up with something like a hotel ballroom / conference room of some sorts. We're trying to have at least 220V single phase power available, in addition to lots of 110 outlets. More details on that to come soon...

Hi Buffo,

Thanks for the welcome. The SELEM sounds very good. I do hope that an acceptable venue can be found...

William Benner
    Pangolin Laser Systems

Im no official guy here, but i want to Welcome Bill from Pangolin to the group. I have known and worked Bill for about ummmm...Hmmm...15yrs i guess.. He has always been MORE than helpful to Us folks at AVI and Me personally. He actually was the one who made it possible for me to start playing with lasers again.

I have used the Pangolin software and Hardware for Many Yrs. Since Amiga actually, and have always enjoyed it, wanted new features, GOT new features, Complained about things, Had them fixed...and Pangolin was always there to listen to a new idea and offer it into software...

I have won a lot of Ilda awards using Proprietary AVI constructed Programming systems, BUT i have also won a lot of Awards with Using Pangoiln Hardware and Software to Programs shows as well, I can tell you, with NO Uncertainty, that THIS industry would be in a TOTALLY differt place , if it wasnt for Pangolin, and that, My Friends, Would NOT be a good place to be, in my humble opnion... SO, Official, or Unofficially, WELCOME TO THE FORUM BILL!!

LONG LIVE LASERS!
    Carey
    CREATIVITY AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!
    www.laser-ad.com

Maybe Pangolin would like to "sponsor" the event???

Hi ElGordito,

We would not mind contributing some funds towards a "sponsorship".

One thing that is typically done at LaserFreak meetings in Germany, and also at Pangolin User Meetings, is that people are charged some small fee for attendance/lunch. This is typically on the order of $25 to $75.

Lets see what comes about and the relative costs involved...

Best regards,

William Benner
    Pangolin Laser Systems

The plan was originally to keep costs as low as possible. Free or near free for those that wanted to attend. (Even if there were only 10 guests, for example, that would give us $100 to spend on a room, assuming the nominal fee of $10 each.) I honestly expect we'll have more attendees than that, but better to plan for the worst case... (Though we are planning on securing a LARGE venue to give us enough room to set up all the projectors...)

I know that Robert is still working on a venue... Main concern right now is the ability to have fog machines in place while still allowing music and of course, the lasers themselves. For sure by the end of April we'll have a specific location, date, and time nailed down. Then we can *really* start promoting it!