Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT. Lasers / DHOM

Default CT. Lasers / DHOM

Hey PL'ers-

I'm pretty excited to announce that CT. Lasers is now the USA dealer for DHOM (Ultra Lasers) Lasers. I have been working with Shawn this past month to get some products here to overlook and test out, and i am extremely impressed with the quality and service of DHOM's products.

I will try to perform some extensive tests this weekend (when i get back to CT.) and post the results here. I have received (1) 2W/532. (1) 600mW/445. (1) 1.5W/532.

I have already sold 2 higher powered 532's to members on ehre and they are very happy with them so far.

Shawn and DHOM are very easy to work with and are committed to supporting their customers and me as their dealer, so if you have any questions or even suggestions, let us know!!

for you USA customers, DHOM are CDRH compliant!!! The ony thing i need to check is if the key is non-removable in "ON" position. I honestly dont remember. If it is removable, i am sure it can be changed extrmely easily.

I will be getting the products on my site as quick as i can. but if anyone has any immediate needs or questions, please feel free to PM me or email me (or Shawn).

I'm looking forward to working with Shawn and DHOM. He has already proven to be a great guy and so far, products seem excellent!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Default Congrats on the line

Hey Marc that's a very cool line you have picked up there. DHOM has come to table with one hella value product. Shawn is tops in customer service dept. Now there will be be product here at CT lasers already imported! Wow! Happy for both of you. -jimmy
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Good move Marc. I am very happy with my recent purchase from Shawn and the "bang for the buck" is outstanding.

ya I was looking at getting some of these through Meierlight so if I could get them through CT Lasers that would be more better lol

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the positive feedback.

I am looking forward to their products also. I keep hearing and reading more and more good things about them.

I briefly fired up the 600/445 when i recieved it and it looked damn nice!! i didnt measure anything, just by eye and it looked great.

ill do as much testing as i can this weekend. back to work now.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the greenies.

Anyone have any specific tests they would like to see?

I am going to do the following-

1) Linearity. 0V-5V input and corresponding output power
    2) Power stability over 8 hours under
    3) Power stability under extreme temps. I use a blow dryer directed on the laser for hot tests. and i will power it outside for extended periods. this weekend its supposed to be in the teens and 20's here in CT. so, pretty big extreme weather tests. but these are "real world" tests in my opinon. we use these in hot ass clubs and many of us use lasers outdoors when it aint so warm out.
    4) Modulation frequency and corresponding power output. I am not sure if this will tell us alot, but i think thats a big problem many of us see with some laser manufacturers. When modulating, power degrades. sometimes drastically.
    5) obviously beam size at aperture and beam size at a distance
    6) MEASURED divergence. is that "Pseudononym divergence calculator" Still an accurate tool for us?
    7) "SrS" suggestion- Threshold Voltage for differentt lasers from different batches of builds (although, all i have here right now is a 2W and a 1.5W). I dont have 2 identical powers.

anything esle? i dont have any photo diodes so i cant do response times.

-Marc
    Last edited by gottaluvlasers; 12-08-2010 at 06:55. Reason: "srs" suggestion

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers

I'd like to see how a pair of the 2W 532nm ones look on a pair of ML-10's

oh and CALL ME, I left you a voicemail

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    Anyone have any specific tests they would like to see?
    Maybe you can compare the modulation threshold voltage from the same type of module but different batches. It would be good to know if they have some kind of procedure for it or just turn the pot a few times and be done with it. Sure you can fix this yourself (and risk losing warranty) or add a simple circuit but it should be done at the factory if you ask me.

Srs-

GREAT idea!! i will do that.

you get a star for today!

-Marc

Authorized Dealer for:

• X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers