Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Customer Service SUX

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Hi All,

Speaking as the one in the trenches, so to speak...

I can tell you that things are extremely busy this time of year. Everything that a
    Adrienne said was entirely correct.

Under normal circumstances, I prefer to take these kinds of calls personally. However, due to the overwhelmingly busy time of year, I try to stay away from phones in an attempt to get as many repairs done as possible

Please understand that I am one person that is servicing the needs of over 50 countries world wide ( I havent forgotten you Francesco, thats why I say only 50 countries

Adrienne expressed the urgency of this repair to me, and I made it a priority. Fortunately, inwas able to repair this quickly.

Trust me guys, I am doing everything that I can to fill all new orders, answer support calls/emails, and do service/repair just as fast as I can.

In any case, I am glad that I could get this taken care of for you in time. Most repairs this time of the year take at least a month.

Trust me when I tell you that I know how it feels, I am a touring Laserist as well as doing many other types of shows.

Hayden @ Pangolin

Woa that sure is alot of work yes.
    I admire that work.
    also sorry to hear about Adrienne's cat, I had a cat myself.

I actually laughed at the comment about a woman saying no.. it's supposed to be a joke for people that take it too serious.

People at pangolin have been extremely nice to me all the time.
    I never got a proper way to thank the employees yet.

Thank you and keep up the good work

Thank you Masterpj!

I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Hayden
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

I would say that if repairs are taking a month then Pangolin really does need to look at some way of spreading that burden throughout the year a bit better, espcially as this could be a 'boom' time for laserists.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    So you receive a board for repair - you send a replacement, and the returned board goes into the 'repair queue'. You then repair as time allows and this one goes back into the 'repaired pool'.
    Thats what happens where I work. We try to maintain a 48 hour turn round time for repairs. we receive a faulty item and ship out a "Nerly Overhauled" replacement. The faulty item is then overhauled and packaged up ready to be used again.

Admittedly, you do need to have a stock of replacement boards available, but it is a quick and easy process to implement. It also allows a less technically trained person to run the process and keep the techs just doing the repairs.

I really do like the ideas expressed here about the repair turnaround.

The main problem with that is the each board hase a serial number. There are programs such as LCMax, LivePRO and may others that are licensed to a specific board. If we send a client a board that is not theirs originally, we could be putting them in a situation where none of their licensed programs would function.

I am sure that is we think about this hard enough, we could come up with a solution th that problem too.

I really do like the idea!
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

I am sure you guys have a way of forcing in different serial #'s into a prom somewhere?

at least I would hope so in case a board goes south and becomes unrepairable

I work on some very expensive 2-way devices (cant mention) that store the serial # in DS2401's (good luck breaking that)... so when the device fails we just unsolder the DS2401 and transfer the serial # into the new device, done!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    I really do like the ideas expressed here about the repair turnaround.

The main problem with that is the each board hase a serial number. There are programs such as LCMax, LivePRO and may others that are licensed to a specific board. If we send a client a board that is not theirs originally, we could be putting them in a situation where none of their licensed programs would function.

I am sure that is we think about this hard enough, we could come up with a solution th that problem too.

I really do like the idea!
    Not only that, sending an other one will give them a new casing.. if the older casing is scratched it can be polished or maybe not... I think this is not a major problem though but It can involve the casing not able to be reused for resale again.

I think an option is some kind of dongle... This dongle holds your key... and is only to be used for a replacement unit and when 2 of these systems are active the other one won't operate or if both deviced are being used then missuese has been detected..
    The encryption is done by the hardware off course and not software of the pc, still sounds risky to me but It can be an option

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Not only that, sending an other one will give them a new casing.. if the older casing is scratched it can be polished or maybe not... I think this is not a major problem though but It can involve the casing not able to be reused for resale again.
    you can always just switch the guts and resend them their existing enclosure...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    you can always just switch the guts and resend them their existing enclosure...
    Yeah your right...
    don't they have a special writer to rewrite the chip that holds the serial key / license?
    They could like transfer it to the replacement one and erase the other one

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Yeah your right...
    don't they have a special writer to rewrite the chip that holds the serial key / license?
    They could like transfer it to the replacement one and erase the other one
    ya thats kind of what I figure... although like I said if Pangolin really wants to make the serial # virtually unhackable the DS2401 is the way to go