Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin Customer Service SUX

just discovered its not working still looking into it NOT BLAMING ANYONE or pointing fingers lol have afew things to check to MAKE SURE 100000000% before the blue wouldent modulate and now its CRAZY. more to come.....

ive tried other lasers on the blue modulation and same results tried the blue on the R and g Modulations working Fine im going to redo the DB25 and see if that changes anything. and yes tried diffrent cables etc.... even tried a dif computer lol.

Sounds like a plan.

Put it on a different PC with a different cable and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
    ive tried other lasers on the blue modulation and same results tried the blue on the R and g Modulations working Fine im going to redo the DB25 and see if that changes anything. and yes tried diffrent cables etc.... even tried a dif computer lol.

weird..
    Maybe a hardware failure or defect of a module ?

just discovered its not working still looking into it NOT BLAMING ANYONE or pointing fingers lol have afew things to check to MAKE SURE 100000000% before the blue wouldent modulate and now its CRAZY.
    I think you missed my point.

You sent it off to Pangolin to have a fault fixed (assuming it was blue line wasn't modulating?)

Did they verify that was indeed the case, and that they'd fixed it and it was now modulating ok? (e.g. a fault report sent back to you)

Have you tried hooking a multimeter up to the blue line whilst projecting a static beam in the software and ramping the brightness up and down? Whilst you won't see a full 5V onthe meter (you'd need a scope for that), you should see the voltage move up and down smoothly.

If the blue line is doing it for any laser connected to the line then I would tend to agree, the issue is somewhere upstream of the laser driver.

Smile

Shawn;

Any chance you can bring it to the Knoxville LEM? Bring the laser and the FB3. We can test the laser on another controller, and test your FB3 on another projector, both at the same time. I can even bring my oscilloscope so we can test the raw output of your FB3 if you want.

One way or another, I bet we can fix this. I'm starting to wonder if this isn't another issue of low input impedance on the driver's modulation circuit... Seen it before, and it's a *bitch* to track down. Got a buffer circuit here (thanks to DZ's buffered ILDA splitter that he made for me) that will prove it one way or another in about 10 seconds though....

Adam

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't another issue of low input impedance on the driver's modulation circuit... Seen it before, and it's a *bitch* to track down.
    He said...

ive tried other lasers on the blue modulation and same results
    Thats why I said its something upstream of the driver

Yah swapped computer cables laser etc.. all same result.. ill def bring it along sat to lem. and i i didnt get a report with it when returned from pangolin just the invoice for repair/shipping. however i never tried to use the blue modulation untill recently and discovered it was not working so ive never seen it working. ill check it out with a meter and see what it looks like. i know its not any of the lasers as they all work GREAT on the REd and green lines. i do want to Make sure its nothing on my end thats acting goofy. tinkering tonight with it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnb View Post
    ill check it out with a meter and see what it looks like.
    Don't bother connecting a multi-meter to it - that won't tell you a thing. The only way you can get an accurate measurement of the blanking signal output is with an oscilloscope. I'll bring one to Knoxville.

Adam

ok, REALLY REALLY dumb question, but you dont have your settings set to only R and G laser do you?? its set to full color RGB in projector setup right?

trust me, ive done MUCH dumber than this before! so thought i would ask!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems