Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New diode Mitsubishi : ML501P73 638nm 500mw

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    2 years ago, you would have made the same quote, replace "red" with "blue", and there was no doubt about that.

If I told you back then we would have 1W of blue for under $99 in 2 years, everybody would call me 'Allen' and laugh at me.
    i dont understand your post.

do you know of a high powered red diode with a good beam at a cheap price?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I cant speak for the guy but i guess hes read into your post they way it read to me

"but guess what? this doesnt exist! "

Its as though your saying , dont bother looking , dont bother being methodical and testing , it just aint there.

People used to say blue DPSS lasers would not exist 20 years ago , until a wee japanese scientist invented them ACCIDENTLY while trying to invent Blue LEDS

Its always worth testing , its always worth DIFFERENT people going over same ground that how discoveries are made

Paul
    Last edited by Lasermad; 12-16-2010 at 02:43.
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Every thing you need to build a nice, non commercial, state of the art red has been disclosed on this forum, right down to part numbers and focal lengths and how to do the pairing/quadding. Problem is, you have to work at it and need access to machine tools.

The only easy day was yesterday. Get used to it.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Every thing you need to build a nice, non commercial, state of the art red has been disclosed on this forum, right down to part numbers and focal lengths and how to do the pairing/quadding. Problem is, you have to work at it and need access to machine tools.
    But does that prevent us from looking for an even cheaper, easier or better performing way to get even better red out of our projectors?

We're pretty much stuck with Opnext or LOC diodes at this time, which have either terrible beam characteristics or are far off to the red end of the visible spectrum to be of a lot of use. But does that mean we just need to give up and stop looking for a way to get decent quality red out the aperture?

Back when they built the first HeNe, they never would have thought that there would be *blue* laser light, let alone the fact that you could cram 24 of those blue lasers into a box smaller than a transistor radio and be able to project movies with it. But did that stop them from trying and eventually finding out that argon would lase as well, giving off nice blue light in the process? No.

The claim you make that these are only useful in video projectors' optical integrators is just as true as the claim that LOC diodes would be useless for laser display use. As long as you can't produce any hard data to back it up or somebody decides to take the plunge, bolt one of these in a projector and gives us some pics of the beam, they remain just that, claims.

I know you may be under a non-disclosure agreement. But that's no reason to prevent others from pursuing the same goal if they want to, just because you say "don't bother trying". I guess there would be enough people here that answer with "I don't care, I want to find that out for myself."

Default beams

well you go and waist your money if you want to , but there is no point in looking
    for a way to a better red untill the manufactures make one with a smaller die size
    enough of the great laser minds have all ready looked at these and come up with nothing
    you can get a half decent beam out of these diodes if you dont mind losing 50%
    of its power, not much point then is there,
    unless one of us has the lab and the kit to build your own, untill then
    we are at the mercy of the big manufactures,
    we just need a way of bending the laws of physics then we will be sorted
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

There is going to be another option sooner than you may think

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    unless one of us has the lab and the kit to build your own, untill then
    we are at the mercy of the big manufactures,
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default lasers

Cmon dave dont tease
    Tell us more, have you taken up growing your own
    Xtals and going to suprise us with somthing
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

yes, don't tease.. it's cruel....

many "investment plans" are dependent on this
    "its called character briggs..."

When things become simplier and more affordable, more usual, become cheaper and easier in production - this is called progress. Looking back on some of those water-cooled green monsters with steppers eating kilowatts of power - I think it's just a matter of time when we get what we want.
    Powerful red and green diode laser emitters with comfortable beam specs could come out at any time, so IMHO it's nothing criminal to keep looking, no?

5 years ago, I paid 750$ us for a 473nm@30mw!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney3K View Post
    2 years ago, you would have made the same quote, replace "red" with "blue", and there was no doubt about that.

If I told you back then we would have 1W of blue for under $99 in 2 years, everybody would call me 'Allen' and laugh at me.