Thread: Very accurate alternative similar to Lasercam idea, with kinect

Default Very accurate alternative similar to Lasercam idea, with kinect

Hello
    First of all Im not trying to outwin lasercam, I just made the title like it to keep it more clear.
    It's only an idea but still it sounds really good in my opinion.

People may know kinect... It's not cheap but It tracks depth map and gives point cloud data.

first of all a depth map can be traced... or a point cloud can be fused together in realtime and then outline it.

It's not a cheaper alternative, it's more expensive because of the kinect costs.
    I saw lasercam in action at LEM and it was really good.

But maybe this other method can provide more detail and controll to display the things you want.

Hi, LaserCam already has kinect support right now in development builds, and it is working nicely! So it's not really an 'alternative' to lasercam, it is a part of it! Thanks for your compliments!

Anyone who owns LaserCam pro who wants to give this a try, send me a PM and I can hook you up with a test build.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi, LaserCam already has kinect support right now in development builds, and it is working nicely! Thanks for your compliments!

Really really nice

Hi, LaserCam already has kinect support right now in development builds, and it is working nicely! So it's not really an 'alternative' to lasercam, it is a part of it! Thanks for your compliments!

Anyone who owns LaserCam pro who wants to give this a try, send me a PM and I can hook you up with a test build.
    Also No don't give it to me yet
    I first want to force myself to not forget to pay you for ildSOS

you don't need to force yourself to do anything.. I gave it to you because of your enthusiasm and partial commitment to the open community.

you don't need to force yourself to do anything.. I gave it to you because of your enthusiasm and partial commitment to the open community.
    Just see it as my character
    and thanks.
    But I just want to pay you for it like I told you before.