Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching software...

Lightbulb Searching software...

Are there shows like kaleidoscopic shows?
    Just shows you can play at a party without programming a show..
    And Maybe a iphone app or something to use as a remote for controlling patterns, and if possible use the touchscreen for multitouching your own time tunnels...

I hope it exists

Also a bit offtopic but i tried looking today for a ilda file archive...i found 3 links but they are all dead
    Just searching some nice animations to build my first show with...
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Borg, the way I'll be controlling my projector, is to use an ipad remote controlling the PC connected to the projector. You will need some form of "remote control" software like logmein or some type of VNC server set up on the lasershow PC. Then after linking the pc into a secured wifi access point (you need to provide this as well), for which only you know the password (you dont want every tom dick and harry trying to take over your laser show!) you then take control of the PC using the ipad or iphone (ipad would be easier), and thus control the laser show. So you have the full benifits of iphone/ipad control, yet the redundancy of computer control should your idevice run down (batteries)

Quote Originally Posted by dash8brj View Post
    Borg, the way I'll be controlling my projector, is to use an ipad remote controlling the PC connected to the projector. You will need some form of "remote control" software like logmein or some type of VNC server set up on the lasershow PC. Then after linking the pc into a secured wifi access point (you need to provide this as well), for which only you know the password (you dont want every tom dick and harry trying to take over your laser show!) you then take control of the PC using the ipad or iphone (ipad would be easier), and thus control the laser show. So you have the full benifits of iphone/ipad control, yet the redundancy of computer control should your idevice run down (batteries)
    I have teamviewer for PC and ipad/iphone but its not ideal for....anything. everything just goes alot slower since there is no real mouse, and the network adds delay.

what i ment, software on ipad and on PC. that are made for each other. Then use the ipad multitouch screen to pinch to draw bigger/taller time tunnels. or one click to create a beam. That sounds real awesome, not so damn hard to make, and i'd pay 50 dollar for the app.

and also some ILDA show files or something like that, who imitate the dealextreme laser projectors....wich only have kaleidoscopes.

There is a program for the iphone/pad that is called luminair, which is as close as your going to get. Sadly, its only for controlling DMX fixtures, and need an expensive DMX wireless controller hooked up to your dmx setup.

Sorry I cant help you more on this one Borg!

There is a program for the iphone/pad that is called luminair, which is as close as your going to get. Sadly, its only for controlling DMX fixtures, and need an expensive DMX wireless controller hooked up to your dmx setup.

Sorry I cant help you more on this one Borg!
    it is something....but my ITRUST also has its limitations probaly so all the app talks about, cant make the itrust make reality

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    what i ment, software on ipad and on PC. that are made for each other. Then use the ipad multitouch screen to pinch to draw bigger/taller time tunnels. or one click to create a beam. That sounds real awesome, not so damn hard to make, and i'd pay 50 dollar for the app.
    Heehee. I started something identical to this recently.
    Not had enough time as I'd like to put into it though, so won't be ready any time soon.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

I reckon its going to be a fun way to control the projector, and if you milling with the audience you can show interested parties how its all done (and perhaps even meet another laser nut like us!)

I reckon its going to be a fun way to control the projector, and if you milling with the audience you can show interested parties how its all done (and perhaps even meet another laser nut like us!)
    <devil's advocate>...and how do you reach for the e-stop?</devil's advocate>
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

damn you!!!! lol

yes an rf controlled (like a coded garage door remote) e-stop would work, but would not be a 100% reliable failsafe. ideally they should be hardwired and kill the projector the second the button is pressed.

I'm not sure we need e-stops here in australia (you guys in the states have a whale of a time getting those projectors certified etc); but for the power levels of my present build, one will be mandatory. So I guess I'll be stuck next to the e-stop button

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Heehee. I started something identical to this recently.
    Not had enough time as I'd like to put into it though, so won't be ready any time soon.
    argh!
    sounds awesome though^^