Thread: Scanner PSU and fans??

Default Scanner PSU and fans??

Hi all,

I currently do not have a 12V supply in my projector but the fans taht are installed run off 12V. I was thinking of running the 6 fans in series/parallel so that I could run them of the 24V scanner supply. Is this a safe option or should it be avoided? Will it give me some nasty noise on the galvos? I was going to put a switch inline too so that they don't need to be on all the time - only in a hot enviroment.
    The scanners are DT25s, I wonder if there spare current left in the PSU to run both or should I just buy a 12V supply for my projector?

Cheers
    Rich

Just run them parrallel on a 5v powersupply from your laserpowersupply. They run nice and quit. I did that with my projector works perfect

Thanks Edison.

Will 5V give enough speed for decent air flow? I guess I will hook all 6 up and see how it runs.

Cheers for the advice.
    Rich

Should be enough. You only need a little bit of airflow you dont need a storm in your projector housing. I did it like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080341.JPG  

P1080533.JPG  

Perfect, I'll go that route then and see how it works out. The case I have has three fans sucking in and three fans blowing out. I need to get some 60mm filters for the intake fans to stop it sucking in dust and smoke etc. Any ideas on where to get 60mm fan filters?

Cheers
    Rich

Word of advice, use less exhaust fans than intake fans, especially if you are using intake filters.
    This will ensure you have positive pressure in the case, and stop it sucking in any nasties from less than perfect seals in the case.