Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Projector Case by Edison (USA version)

Freight to Perth Australia?
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by jooopy View Post
    Yes I'm very interested in at least 1 maybe 2. Please add me to the list. Thanks and it looks great in edison's pics.-jimmy
    Added to the list! You are Welcome to come pick it up if you want to save on shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by blowfly View Post
    My aperture window is 11.5cm by 5cm. I'll try to get some pics together soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Thanks mike for the dimensions, that's a lot wider than i expected. Those widemoves are really WIDE moves....
    I will be putting DT 40-Wides in my projector so I will need to figure out how they fit. I think using the tiny brass flex mounts I can get them close enough to the Window that I will be able to use a regular sized window. I will keep you updated on that, just in-case anyone else is using DT-40 wides.

Quote Originally Posted by matratzki View Post
    Hi, I am also interested in this case!!
    How much would be the shipping to Germany??
    Quote Originally Posted by daction View Post
    Hi I am keen. Freight to new zealand?
    Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Freight to Perth Australia?
    Thanks for your interest in the case! I'm not very experienced with shipping larger packages so if anyone has any advice on shipping let me know. I did a few quotes for USPS and UPS and USPS gave me the best price. International shipping is around $120-$140 depending on your location but the quoted prices were very similar.

I'm not sure of my best shipping solution for internal or domestic so again I'm open to advice from anyone, looking to get the cheapest yes still dependable solution.

***Update***
    I have the drawings and have been reviewing them. I need to get some more info from Edison to help get the materials list in order. I will have the final size of the projector by the weekend, most likely I will just increase the length by a few inches to incorporate larger modules or 4 colors if needed. I will ask for final commitments in about 2 weeks and begin production.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MisterWilling; 01-07-2011 at 17:29. Reason: bah! spelling

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Default DT40Wides Too

Great news and time frame. Switch me to just one one for this run. Slightly bigger than Edison's works fine for me . Got the DT40wides here too. Funny I'll be in Dallas next week but you won't be done yet.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Hello guys

Here, a picture of my case with the scanners on top. They are on top because they give the heat away to the basplate.DT40 fit also of course. Blue lasers are small and
    my case was designed for 3 normal size lasers in my opinion no need to make it bigger i think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080420..JPG  

P1080398..JPG  

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Default sizing it up Texas style

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Hello guys

Here, a picture of my case with the scanners on top. They are on top because they give the heat away to the basplate.DT40 fit also of course. Blue lasers are small and
    my case was designed for 3 normal size lasers in my opinion no need to make it bigger i think.

Yes Edison blue is small but I want to fit your 8 diode in red here too as well. Does this seem possible with an normal green and small blue?~jimmy
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Quote Originally Posted by jooopy View Post
    Yes Edison blue is small but I want to fit your 8 diode in red here too as well. Does this seem possible with an normal green and small blue?~jimmy
    You should be able to fit one large module in there. I'm going for a multi watt green, small 445 module (blue lava kit) and a large multi diode setup for red. So as long as one if your modules is small (typically 445 nowadays) then you should have room for two larger sized modules. I will be doing some research and measuring this weekend to check everything out.

Plenty of room for my red to fit in. Is it me or is in in the air today that people have a hard time to trust me

Here's some pics of my projector using Edison's case. As you can see, the space issues I ran into were related to the electronics side as opposed to the optics side. I had plenty of room for 3 laser modules and associated mirrors. I have ideas for reducing the footprint but I'm not in a hurry since everything fits, well mostly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4796.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	22850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4803.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	22849

Name:	IMG_5003.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	22848

I wish I had thought of putting both the scan amps inline along the side of the case like Edison did. Smart

The one thing I couldn't fit is the middle fan. The case has holes for 3 fans in the bottom panel. Because I mounted the ILDA connector/safety board sideways, I didn't have enough clearance to put the fan in. I will probably mount the board another way at some point in the future.

Hope this helps... later,
    Mike

Hey Mike,

As you might know i have a few of the edison cases as well.
    Here's a picture of the electronics site, built by edison (Red / Green) and upgraded to Blue by me:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~hobbybob/RGB/SAM_0140.JPG

As you can see the laserwave green driver (left upper corner) and the Kvant driver, (middle top) are also too high.
    What i did was just mount the fans on the outside, you don't need to change anything for that. I just raised the projector on rubber feet , 4 cm high and mounted them on the outside. No adjustment is needed for this and you can fit all 3 in a row like this.

Here's my RGB in an Edison case, check the fans on the outside on the bottom plate:

Name:	My RGB.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	310.5 KB 
ID:	22874
    Last edited by hobbybob; 01-09-2011 at 07:31.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Hey Mike,

What i did was just mount the fans on the outside, you don't need to change anything for that. I just raised the projector on rubber feet , 4 cm high and mounted them on the outside. No adjustment is needed for this and you can fit all 3 in a row like this.
    Nice idea to mount the fans on the outside! I'll take a look at doing that.

Mike