Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Projector Case by Edison (USA version)

I found these extrusion profiles on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/80-20-T-Slot-Alu...#ht_1139wt_905

These are 1 inch instead of the 30mm that i used. It gives a slightly slimmer look and also give a 0,5mm clearance in both sections. They are not smooth on the curved edge but i like that.

I think you mean 0,5cm instead of 0,5mm right ?
    If it's 2,54cm instead of 3cm you save 0,5cm (almost) on each side.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

oops your right it was a long busy day

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I found these extrusion profiles on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/80-20-T-Slot-Alu...#ht_1139wt_905

These are 1 inch instead of the 30mm that i used. It gives a slightly slimmer look and also give a 0,5mm clearance in both sections. They are not smooth on the curved edge but i like that.
    You are right, I have all ready contacted them for a quote. I actually got a quote for the smooth profile they have, however I will get a quote for that type of extrusion as well. While I am getting the cost of building these cases dropped quite a bit, it won't reduce the cost for the groupbuy unless a do a second one. Theres still quite a bit of programming and setup costs associated with the first run. These parts will be machined instead of lasered like Edison did them. Laser would be the easiest method but I dont operate lasers and my company would charge way too much to go through them.

The quoting is almost finished.

Soon I will start a new thread devoted strictly for payments and shipping info, all other information such as tips, build pictures, and general inquiries will stay in this thread to keep the other one neat and tidy.

Soon everyone on the list with get a PM for your paypal address so I can send an invoice. For now I will leave shipping out of the payment, I only need to take payments so I can afford the material to begin construction so the shipping money won't be needed till they are ready.

I had planned on making extra so that there would be ones available later but it looks like almost all the ones I intended to build are spoken for so payment upfront will be the only way to guarantee a case.

Sounds good mate.

Can you advise the hole details for IEC, switches, connectors etc. when they are available please? Also, will the StanWax ILDA board fit without obstruction?
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Sounds good mate.

Can you advise the hole details for IEC, switches, connectors etc. when they are available please? Also, will the StanWax ILDA board fit without obstruction?
    I have not worked out the final details for the connector ports. That will probably be the last part to be built so I can have time to get some input from people involved in the group buy on the best configuration.

For the Stanwax Ilda board....I will be using those in my case so they will fit. I would get the board with the added cable so you dont have to mount the board directly to the panel through, thats how I'm building mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilling View Post
    I have not worked out the final details for the connector ports. That will probably be the last part to be built so I can have time to get some input from people involved in the group buy on the best configuration.

For the Stanwax Ilda board....I will be using those in my case so they will fit. I would get the board with the added cable so you dont have to mount the board directly to the panel through, thats how I'm building mine.
    Hi Mate, I already have a StanWax board. It is panel mount, but no big deal to mount internally, wither way.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hi Mate, I already have a StanWax board. It is panel mount, but no big deal to mount internally, wither way.
    I bought a stanwax panel mount but ended up using it an internal board. I don't recommend this because I had to desolder the two LEDs from the PCB and the DSUB connectors on the PCB just take up necessary space. The board itself is great, but I would get internal mount next time.

Mike

I use the internal ones, in this type of case. Works like a charm !
    Have leads to the front so you can see the leds.
    Am very satisfied with it, can recommend Rob as a seller very much.
    Using this case and Rob Stanwax ILDA interface board you will be a happy man !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.