Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Projector Case by Edison (USA version)

Got and assembilled my case, mising a couple of things I belive.
    1) 2, outside side pannel screws.
    2) 1, 2 inch glass window.
    3) 1, apature cover/mask.

Great job on the projector case, this one will make it threw the airport baggage handelers with out a flight box all on its owen. my last one did'nt make it to SELEM N.C. 2010, It had the top crushed in and damaged the 650Nm 200Mw module and as a result its been almost a solid year with out getting beam HIGH and no production of show modules.
    I can't wait to get the p/case filled and working and get my freak on!!!
    OUTSTANDING JOB MISTERWILLING OUTSTANDING!!!!
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Default Case for sale

Hi everyone,

This may be the wrong place on the forum but seemed the most fitting. I was planning on having Marc at CT Lasers build me a 5 watt RGB system in my new case from Austin, but he cant get all the components to fit ( namely the 1 watt 532nm power supply) so unfortunatly I need to sell this case and spend double the price on a different case. Pm me for details.

Pete

That,s because the green is a DHOM. They have huge drivers Ask if he can supply you a laserwave or Viasho. They have small drivers so perfect for your case. Hobbybob and many others have exactly the same case and they have plenty of room

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    That,s because the green is a DHOM. They have huge drivers Ask if he can supply you a laserwave or Viasho. They have small drivers so perfect for your case. Hobbybob and many others have exactly the same case and they have plenty of room
    Actually no t's not a DOHM, it is a 1 watt 532nm I took out of a Laserworld Pro Green and as far as I can tell its a CNI.................but who know's with Laserworld.

Pete

The PSU's I've seen could be dismantled to provide a lower profile. The one's I've seen contain a typical caged SMPS and a driver circuit board. There's not really any need to retain the housing if the whole lot is going to be housed in a projector case anyway. You could even get away with eliminating the SMPS if you already have an SMPS with the right voltage, and of course enough amps to drive the lot.

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

PM sent and standing by!!!!
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Thank you MisterWilling for your reply and handeling of my missing parts delema.
    See ya at selem or Texas which ever comes first. I'll be ridding with Hackzaw1 to selem.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Hi all, sorry I have been away for a while and didn't make it to SELEM. I'm back around; and everyone with missing parts should have them or they will be there soon. If you are still missing somthing and have not heard from me, just send a PM.

I have not seen any pictures of these cases built yet (besides from Dnar who has a thread going on his case) So if anyone has a build in progress I would like to see some pics!

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Red face Window

Hey Austin I assumed the edmunds glass window would be slightly larger to fit inside the hole slightly overlaping with a touch of epoxy snugging it in place. The edmunds glass is slightly smaller than the hole. How is this to be installed?
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Quote Originally Posted by jooopy View Post
    Hey Austin I assumed the edmunds glass window would be slightly larger to fit inside the hole slightly overlaping with a touch of epoxy snugging it in place. The edmunds glass is slightly smaller than the hole. How is this to be installed?
    Just lay the front panel down flat and set the window in place. Make sure it does not protrude out the front or it might catch on the aperture cover. Epoxy four corners and after the epoxy dries, use a cleat silcone to seal the window.