Thread: Cutting up butter with those laser projectors!!!

Default Cutting up butter with those laser projectors!!!

I didn't really know what category this would fall under. I have been getting into lasers and its related technology to find that its awesome! So many tweaks and mods you can do, but of course gotta make sure you stay safe. Don't wanna burn your retinas.

I read this on engadget a while back, but only remembered today lol. Do laser pico projectors employ similar technology as other stand alone laser products, for example laser pointers or laser diodes??

Another interesting note about these laser pico projectors is that they have infinite focus and project on curved surfaces as well.

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/11/a...-m2-projector/

Thoughts?

Microvision: http://microvision.com/

The 2D mems can't handle a big spot, and it has a low damage threshold. Meaning you need a small beam at low power, otherwise you could damage the MEMS or just waste your beam. Look at the how the MEMS projector works link on the site above. I was in love with MEMS a year ago.

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 12-23-2010 at 15:36. Reason: low != high
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Could you clarify please?