Thread: 445 analog labby ($80)

Default 445 analog labby ($80)

hey guys, im stretched for cash and all i have is $80,
    the parts for my projector will be arriving next week so i need to get a laser,
    so if anyone has a 445 labby preferably with PSU they want to generously sell to me for $80that would be awesome
    cheers

sorry to spoil the fun, but 80 seems a bit too little

imagine 50-55usd +shipping for the diode, 20-35usd+shipping for an analog power supply, lens and lens-housing anything from 10 to 35 usd + shipping, diode housing anything from 5 to 25usd, external case anything from 30 to 50usd

the above costs (note cost here, not sale price) are for the builder of the module to buy and receive the components. and all this assuming that you don't require a lasorb, tec cooling and correction optics. then he has to assemble all this and then you will be charged more shipping for the finished module

i always favour the low-budget enthusiast, as i am one of those myself, but the best thing for you would be to purchase the components yourself and get help from someone with the assembly. and in any case, if you do find a 80$ ready to go module, i want one too!

or, you could get a cheap 55 - 100 usd green from fleabay and get started

i hope the nature of my post is not misunderstood, i am just trying to explain why i consider it very possible that you won't find a module for 80. So, go for GREEN! Much more visible, too!
    "its called character briggs..."

yeah i thought so,ill have to buy a 445 and put together a stanham *sigh*

if you don't use correction optics like cylinder lenses or anamoprphic prisms, i suggest you use a long focal length lens

the 405-g-2 has a short focal length and will give you a thiner initial beam with high divergence. try the o-like lens for example, that will produce a fatter, more round beam with lower divergence and a better spot at distance (with some power loss, but i don't think you are after 1watt with this setup)

here is a link for the lens and diode housing http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main...products_id=23

and a rough estimate of output power vs mA used

300mA will give you approx 150mW of 445
    400mA ---> 250mW
    500mA ---> 400mW

i think you should stay within these limits without active cooling and with such a small casing
    "its called character briggs..."