Thread: Scanner nightmare, broken mirror

Default Scanner nightmare, broken mirror

Damn, this is the second time in 6 months that my mirror broke, the first time i was able to glue it back on and it hold for several months. I repeated this trick but have my doubts. Already contacted a friend who offered to replace the mirror with a new one but i await tomorrows test if this is still neccessary, will do some extensive testing first to see if it falls off again. What type of glue would be best to put a new mirror back in place? Also would like to hear suggestions on how to clean the galvo's axe so i can put in a spare mirror if someoen has been there before.
    So far i heared that the galvo could be gently heated with a soldering iron to get the glue to heat up and get more flexible, also heared about aceton, commonly found in nail polish remover, but am open to other suggestions and experiences.

Michel
    Utrecht
    Netherlands

2 componeneten lijm (2 component glue)

A knive to clean the galvo axis from old glue.

and use a hot soldering iron to remove the old mirror, this will soften up the old 2 component glue.

If you need any mirrors I have some spare.

thanks, i glued back the broken mirror, for now it holds, since three time is a charm i will follow your advise the next time it falls off.
    Michel