Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Greater Community

Default The Greater Community

To all the people on Pl

Members here including hobiests would agree that this is a community.The only problem is that there are those who are actually members of this community and non-members because not everyone can afford the membership.
    A vote to apply a donate button is forwarded as a move to make the hobiest a member and not just a "guest" to the forums.

This is just a backbone for an open discussion between members and non-members.This idea is not actually about the membership at all but to help someone else in a tough time for longer than just a season.I believe that one can use this opportunity by using the tools that are at hand as a means of generating an income just as much as those who are willing to give back to this forum or its community by being apart of it as much as everyone else.Like I said this is only a good suggestion and just like everyone else sell things to make money,perhaps Admin will add a donate button for a hobiest membership.Give someone an apple and he will eat for a day,give them the means to farm and he'll eat for a lifetime.As we all support each others products so shall we support a product of knowledge and priceless friends we have made.

Respect to Admin for your bravery and humbleness for carrying this burden for so long,I think its time everyone in this forum should help support your 'business' and continue to support it in the future.

Respect to everyone on this forum.

G
    Peace,Respect

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by king4quarter View Post
    To all the people on Pl

A vote to apply a donate button is forwarded as a move to make the hobiest a member and not just a "guest" to the forums.
    Guest == unregistered user or a ghost
    Registered User == ME
    Bold Name == Registered User + $10

If you don't have regular money each month to be a Bold Named member: donate@photonlexicon.com via paypal... I have done so in the past, it works, no button needed.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

People go on about this community yet there is a very clear division.

I have seen that email address now 100 times but its not the point,as the guest and not member was so kindly shown today when he tried to do something for someone in his own way by entering a raffle to show support.I dont need another blue laser I have 3 of my own and I know I would never have won it cuz I never won anything in my dam life so I dont care even about that its the manner here things are spun.

People brag so much everywere in life about having helped others then expect recognition or that someone owes you for what they have done(this is wrong),but if your supposed loyal friends cannot step up to the plate when you are down and out then they are not worth the dust under your feet.I never mention this with my lips to people I have met let alone not met,myself and my friends have put food in peoples stomachs who dont even have roofs over there heads or even shoes on there feet,helped in car smash ups and old ladies carry cakes in 35deg heat.Africa teaches a person poverty and charity alike.

I read Specs post before I read about the raffle.Slap in the face at the raffle post just irritated me to the core and then restricting the amount of tickets hence limiting the total amount you could donate makes me think its more about the laser and the winning odds,I MEAN SERIOUSLY!
    Im not going to make this any more a spectacle than I was made a fool of today.
    Spec my sincere apologies and weather I donate or not,it is going to be between you me and God,I just also wanted to suggest perhaps a hobiest membership as a tool for encouraging a donation to the forums on a more regular occasion.

Sugeek you are such a nice person to talk to on the IRC apart from Spec and thanks for being the only one to reply this thread over the part few hours while everyone else bids for there laser.

Dang it takes me ages to type this on a mobile phone.
    Peace,Respect

By the way when everyone had claimed to give up on djallen I saw actual progress and him asking questions about certain sections of his varience.
    Steve and a few others still offered there help.Separate the men from the boys.Save 1 eye save them all.

This is all I have left to say
    Peace,Respect

King4quarter.
    I do agree with you, but this is PL and not some battle.
    In other words:

1 raffle
    1 auction and not multiple ones.

no limit... but don't start making a topic about the greater community.
    It's not for choosing sides or shoving people appart.

PL is ONE community and It should stay like that.
    Not ripping it appart by shoving people to the side.

The winning should not be set to a priority, it's a nice feature to it though.
    The only thing the auction should have is more tickets to be able to being bought by one person. that's it

Default division

i see no division here we are all equal on here
    the only time you will see any of that is when you get a group of know it all's
    behaving like twats and disrespecting others,
    no matter what forum or even towns or citys you will get this.
    its not a perfect world never will be, its a free world .those that deserve respect get it .

its just not possible to please everyone all the time fact of life.
    just please those that you can
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

No need for an agreed raffle, just donate or subscribe NOW. All systems for support are already in place, our operators are standing by. Please support PL the most unique and helpful professional, advertising free laser forum on the known interwebs (tm).
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by king4quarter View Post
    To all the people on Pl

Members here including hobiests would agree that this is a community.The only problem is that there are those who are actually members of this community and non-members because not everyone can afford the membership.

This is just a backbone for an open discussion between members and non-members.This idea is not actually about the membership at all but to help someone else in a tough time for longer than just a season.I believe that one can use this opportunity by using the tools that are at hand as a means of generating an income just as much as those who are willing to give back to this forum or its community by being apart of it as much as everyone else.Like I said this is only a good suggestion and just like everyone else sell things to make money,perhaps Admin will add a donate button for a hobiest membership.Give someone an apple and he will eat for a day,give them the means to farm and he'll eat for a lifetime.As we all support each others products so shall we support a product of knowledge and priceless friends we have made.

Respect to Admin for your bravery and humbleness for carrying this burden for so long,I think its time everyone in this forum should help support your 'business' and continue to support it in the future.

Respect to everyone on this forum.

G
    I believe you are confusing what a member of this PL community is...

A member is ANYONE that is registered on this forum...
    That includes non posting registered members... Posting members
    donating members... non-donating members... subscribed members
    and non subscribed members... professional members or hobbyist
    members...

A non member or guest is a person only lurking and not registered
    that can not post on the forum...

As far as I'm concerned... ALL registered members are equal...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post

A non member or guest is a person only lurking and not registered
    that can not post on the forum...

As far as I'm concerned... ALL registered members are equal...
    That's how I see it. We're all just members. It does not matter if your name is in blue, it does not give you some special entry to the "Secret Club".

The only people that are "outsiders" are the ones that read and do not contribute(post); ie--guests.

We are all equal members of PL.

With that being said this is how I would of thought it would or should be but that was not the message I got today and If you read back over it you will see it also.

Does it matter?Not any more I just wish people would think before just answering a post in such manner.

Enjoy your day gentlemen.
    Peace,Respect