Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car stereo pops woman's glass eye out

Default Car stereo pops woman's glass eye out

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

4x18" and 20KW? I would like to see the math (tm). Is that PMPOBSBCSWFW (peak music power output bull shit both channels summed wank factor watts?)

Damn, any woman that can pop an eye out is OK by me!
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    4x18" and 20KW? I would like to see the math (tm). Is that PMPOBSBCSWFW (peak music power output bull shit both channels summed wank factor watts?)

Damn, any woman that can pop an eye out is OK by me!
    20k RMS, it's running a couple of the new Rockford Fosgate 15k amps.

http://www.ghostaudioaccessories.co....7CSPL_Amp_1284

Doc's website

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

So thats 2.5k power handling per driver.

That must mean they are using awful, low sensitivity drivers in there, probably with double VCs

I expect you could make as much, if not more noise with decent PA drivers and lower power amps.

Id love to see the batteries theyre using to provide the power to obtain 20Kw of output, given that theyre only ever going to be 80% efficient at best

Hmm, 15k into 0.5R.... so, what are the drivers being used and can they still run at virtually a dead short?

LOL, must be street-watts.
    This space for rent.

Perhaps it was built by laserworld
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Cool

Not sure if it applies in this case, but I know that some of the pros that compete in "Bass Boxing" (going for highest SPL) frequently install a forklift battery in the car (or more usually, a van or truck) to power the stereo amps. So 20KW is quite possible in those cases.

I agree that it seems odd that you could pump that much power through only 4 drivers though.

Adam

The system uses 10 x XS D3100 batteries, each rated for 5kA discharge, these are propped up by 10f of electrolytics and charged by 4 x 350A alternators and connected via 3" x .5" buss bars to a DC-DC converter and the voltage is raised to 140v @ 700A. Most demos last 15 seconds then the system recovers.

I don't get it either but the Watts are real James Watt RMS Watts and Rockford Fosgate only quote their power outputs as RMS and at .01% thd, which is probably why those amps cost $25k US a pop.

Jeez, I only posted this because I thought it was funny

Doc's website

Like Norty said, using drivers with a higher sensitivity, would allow you to use smaller amps & less batteries. Which would seem to be the sensible option.

More watts doesnt necessarily mean more dB.

I guess it must be an inadequacy thing where more watts makes up for a smaller penis.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    Like Norty said, using drivers with a higher sensitivity, would allow you to use smaller amps & less batteries. Which would seem to be the sensible option.

More watts doesnt necessarily mean more dB.

I guess it must be an inadequacy thing where more watts makes up for a smaller penis.
    Yes it probably does, though the system has recorded an official 154dB without occupants.

Whatever and however; the girl's eye popped out.

Doc's website