Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has an Ipad to test this?

Default Who has an Ipad to test this?

Maybe I found a nice setup for a lasershow use : there's an application called "Air display" for iPad, which convert your iPad as a wireless display extension of your computer desktop (mac or pc).

So you can put the cue part of Livepro on the iPad and just touch the icons to trig them, like you do with a standard touchscreen...

Now it goes really interesting when you are settling projection zones or making adjustments before the show, you just have to pickup your iPad and walk in the room, and adjusting targeted beams and so from the same touchscreen you use to run the show! And later you can even keep a control of the show from the bar...

I just don't know exactly how reactive (fast) the touches on the screen are transmitted to the computer, and thus if it would be usable to run the show. Maybe if there's iPad owners who would like to test and report it, before I spend serious money for an iPad, would be kind...

I dont quite understand what you want. Just tell me what to do and il try to make it happen.
    But i dont have a ilda cable yet...So i cant test it together with a projector.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

Maybe it's my bad english (not my mothertongue), but basically just install the Air Display application on your iPad and test it with Pangolin Quickshow or LivePro, and see if it is usable (fast and reactive enough) for a live lasershow use...

I dont have a license for those softwares
    I do know the ipad responds very fast, but making windows appear on ipad makes it less confortable.
    It makes the buttons windows-like. Not as big and nice as the ipad experience.
    Unless pangolin has a special piece of software for touchscreens(and prefer multitouch) it will probaly not be a such a great experience.
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

There's a great deal of "midi over wifi" soft. I've been using one for a while, with my phone in a club. It really looks cool to trigger sunlite or VDJ controls sittin somwhere at bar or else. Latency was about 20-30ms, almost none.
    But fully using wireless channel, like with teamviewer or smth, to see the screen of a host, always gets latency up to 500-800ms.
    But that was not an Ipad and not a touch one.

The price of the app is only 10$, if somebody here will try... But reading on the support forum of the developper makes me thinking it's not really reliable. I wonder if a VNC connection will do the same job...

About MIDI over wifi, what's the app you use? MIDIpad? I saw demo on youtube which seems very responsive, but what I would really like is to see the laser software interface on the remote screen

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    The price of the app is only 10$, if somebody here will try... But reading on the support forum of the developper makes me thinking it's not really reliable. I wonder if a VNC connection will do the same job...

About MIDI over wifi, what's the app you use? MIDIpad? I saw demo on youtube which seems very responsive, but what I would really like is to see the laser software interface on the remote screen
    VNC is the answer. After all those midi-over-wifi and such, VNC host-client does the job best. VNC+, to be exact, as it works on symbian mobile phones)

I just use pangolin on my X61 tablet to a .NET box

VNC is too slow.
    RDP is *eleventy billion* times better.

However using an ad-hoc is no good; poor range.
    Next time I'm out and about I'm going to give it a go with a DD-WRT router... Luvly jubbly...

If anyone is interested; Jump Desktop is *the best* remote software for iOS devices (and I've tried buckets of them over the years).
    Windows through RDP over 3G is *very* useable; i.e. I can work more or less problem free remotely from said iPad...

I've had the idea for a while now to make up a native app for iOS devices that hooks into Pangolin LivePro for setting zones and whatnot, perhaps I need to get a hold of that SDK when I've got some spare time in a few weeks...
    (It's a shame there isn't one for the FB3 + Quickshow; unless something has changed recently)
    But for now RDP triumphs...

Ta,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

actually Wyse Pocket Cloud is by FAR the best RDP client I have used on i devices... totally worth the money