DreamBeamz...

Sorry to hear that you've already exhausted the "easy fix" items in an attempt to bring the power up on that HGM 5. I guess it was near end of life.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, since the guy (Tom, aka Introspectivell) was renting that laser out to a club manager... Guess it had a lot more hours on it than he wanted to admit! Still, it makes more sense now as to why he was so hard to get in touch with. He probably wanted to avoid any contact with a potential buyer!

I thought the hack job he did looked pretty awful though. I was talking to Steve Roberts (via e-mail) and he said that the best way to cool those things is to mount 4 patriot style round fans right above the tube. (All exhausting out of the case of course.) He said that way it looks almost 100% stock (apart from the removal of the fiber optic cable launch, of course!).

Alas, it doesn't look as if I'll ever get the chance to try it myself. Though I do have the spare fans sitting here, I don't have an HGM 5 to install them on! Maybe someday...

Adam