Thread: quickshow flexmod blue problem after firmware update

Default quickshow flexmod blue problem after firmware update

strange behaviour, just started a quickshow, show for old/new year and my flexmod with blue got a red led when the modulation is send. when idle i have faint blue light but when the show starts blue fails.
    for testing i disconnected the quickshow interface and reconnected my easylase II usb so i can use the test tool.
    now blue works fine.
    started spaghetti and ran every show with blue.
    reconnected quickshow dac and still same behaviour.

what has changed
    yesterday i updated the quickshow to version 2.0 from the website, this also updated my firmware to 1.7 i think.

i copied back the files from the backup folder but still no working blue.

since the flexmod works fine, connected with the pt-itrust board, on the easylase II usb i suspect the firmware upgrade but how to troubleshoot this further?

Michel

did a quick second test, changed the modulation for the blue and put it in the connector of green, same issue, this is strange, then i lowerd the max modulation output to a value lower than 100% and now blue starts again, did the fw update also change the level of output?

will troubleshoot some more tomorrow.

Michel

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Default Projector settings

Did you check your color settings like one two or three lasers?-jimmmy
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Based on your description, it's very likely the update has increased the peak modulation level. If your blue power supply is adjustable with a trimmer (5V I assume?), try bumping up the voltage a bit to, say, 5.4V and that should take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jooopy View Post
    Did you check your color settings like one two or three lasers?-jimmmy

Yes, it is set to RGB.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Based on your description, it's very likely the update has increased the peak modulation level. If your blue power supply is adjustable with a trimmer (5V I assume?), try bumping up the voltage a bit to, say, 5.4V and that should take care of it.

Your assumption is correct and yes i can adjust the voltage a little bit, i will try to increase it to 5.4V or higher.

Let you know if this makes a difference, thanks for the quick reply and suggestion.

edit:
    the power supply also has 15V, is it better to hook the flexmod up to the 15V output?

Michel
    Last edited by michelrietveld; 01-01-2011 at 09:30.

"edit:
    the power supply also has 15V, is it better to hook the flexmod up to the 15V output?"

No. It will work but you will have to dissipate the extra voltage as heat from the transistor. You want to use the minimum voltage you can, Take lava's advice.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

You could do that because the flexmod can have a maximum supply voltage of 24v.

So if you have 15 volt thats not a problem but you have to mount it on a aluminium plate

i adjusted the voltage to 5.5 volts and it seems to work better now.
    will run some more tests but so far looking good.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    love my blue and am happy that it works so far.

still no reply from pangolin if they increased any settings in the new fw version, as soon as i get feedback i will update this threat.

Michel