Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green lasers High powered

Here's what one user had to say about Northern Optics on another forum:
    Blake, got nothing against you or your company; in fact, as already stated on CandlePowerForums, as a laser enthusiast I can only welcome more laser vendors, as this is bound to drive prices lower. What I don't like however, is the blatant advertising you've been doing in places where it's not welcome, and especially the badmouthing of competitors - the latter to the point of landing you a final warning on CandlePowerForums. It is these actions that has given me the impression that you might not shy away from posting favorable feedback about yourself.
    As for his prices being competitive: He lists a 100 mw laser for $480 on his website. (The same website that supposedly had "way too many people" taking advantage of his prices.) Yet Axis has a 100 mw laser for just $265 with buy it now on E-bay. That's not competitive at all; Axis is killing him!

I will admit that his prices for the 150 mw and 200 mw lasers are in line with what others are charging. Not "very competitive", mind you, but + or - 10 bucks... Thus, his breathless post raving about what a great deal people are getting is pure spam.

If someone finds a source of 200 mw DPSS green lasers for oh, I dunno, say $500, then THAT would warrant a breathless post urging everyone to check it out. But at $790, it isn't even worth mentioning.

Man... I am out of the loop... So thats what my foot tastes like...

I remember the prices on the PGL portables being a lot higher... Current checks at other vendor sites are coming up with comparable prices.

Glad to see they are coming down some though I have to admit, I really dont like pointers one bit. I prefer TEC controlled that are stable and have modulation. That and power wires. I like wires.

LOL, what do I know, thats what I get for posting shit I don't know about.

Thanks for the link on the 100mW

Ryan

Keep in mind Axiz are modules, the NO are handheld. You need a wall outlet for the Axiz ones; you can't take them on camping trips and use them to exercise bears with. (preferably from 100yds away )

It may seem like a niche use, but there's probably a bear-exercising community around here that's driving sales. It certainly can't be the l33t rich-geek segment looking for a bigger toy to show off to their friends...

you can't take them on camping trips and use them to exercise bears with. (preferably from 100yds away )
    :lol: That is the funniest thing I've read this weekend! (And you just *KNOW* that some idiot has actually tried to exercise a bear with his hand-held DPSS laser already... Wonder if that would infringe on the "exercising a cat with a laser pointer" patent that everyone always jokes about?)

On a more serious note - most people that are intereted in lasers for show purposes would want the laser to be powered by house current vs batteries. (I know that for 2 years I limped along with a pointer as my only source of green, and it sucked!) But there are a surprising number of "rich geeks" that want a high-powered pointer, even if it's not suitable for shows. (Wicked Lasers sure seems to be selling a lot of them anyway...)

Adam