Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Green lasers High powered

Default Green lasers High powered

Hello, we are selling 200mW at 790.00 + shipping; This is hard to get a hold of, only manufactured in small quantity.
    www.northernoptics.com
    We also sell 5mW leadlight, 50mW, 75mW and 100mW - 5 point safety FDA certified.
    Also Blue laser 473nm 10mW 920.00 USD
    Our prices are very competitive and if we dont have what you want we will try to get it.

Please dont hesitate to ask questions
    NorthernOptics@comcast.net

Right now we are having a GIANT SALE

50.00 USD OFF EVERY HIGH POWERED MODEL!
    If interested in purchasing a laser please email before hand with word CPF and you will be given a link to a page with everything 50.00 to 70.00 USD off the retail price!
    High Powered Lasers
    www.NorthernOptics.com

Attention: sale had to be cut short, way too many people found my sale page and took advantage of it,

WE also now sell KTP crystals suitable for modding your green laser pointer!
    High Powered Lasers
    www.NorthernOptics.com

200mW red\blue\green ? it did not say

Anyway i think 790$ for 200mW was very expencive !!! (if it`s not a blue)

ah.. the topic says it`s green ...

Sorry my mistake 8)

I still think Spec could have matched or even beat his prices...

Heck, I bought my Lasever unit back in the summer of 2004, and I only paid $400 for it. (That's for 100 mw of green with a *nice* adjustable-current power supply...) Prices have surely come down since then, so yeah - his prices are not really that great, at least in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo
    I still think Spec could have matched or even beat his prices...

Heck, I bought my Lasever unit back in the summer of 2004, and I only paid $400 for it. (That's for 100 mw of green with a *nice* adjustable-current power supply...) Prices have surely come down since then, so yeah - his prices are not really that great, at least in my book.
    agreed, Spec showed me some much better prices.

THis sounds like plain spam to me, just registering to post this...

I don't think its a scam.

I think this is a business while spec does it as a hobby.

From what I can tell the prices are fair.

But what do I know??

Ryan

This guy's had a few threads closed over at CPF already...

Quote Originally Posted by addictive
    THis sounds like plain spam to me, just registering to post this...
    Quote Originally Posted by pietruk
    I don't think its a scam.
    Note: addictive said he thought it was SPAM, not a SCAM...

I'm sure that NorthernOptics is actually selling the DPSS lasers that he posted about, and for the prices he listed. So it's not a scam. He's operating a legitimate business.

However, his post is basically spam. Addictive's point is that Northern Optics registered with PhotonLexicon for the sole purpose of posting an ad for his laser business. He didn't bother to contribute anything to any of the other discussions, and it's likely that he never inteded to. Even the post in question doesn't offer any useful information apart from the blatant promotion of his business. Thus his post is spam.

As to his prices being "very competitive", well, that's just not true. And your statement that "Spec does it for a hobby" is silly. Spec isn't going to loose money on the sale of an imported laser, any more than Northern Optics is.

In fact, if Northern Optics is *really* selling as many lasers as he claims (so many that he had to "cut his sale short" because "way too many people" are taking advantage of it), then he ought to be able to sell them at a discount and still make great money based on the high volume of sales. After all, several other retailers are selling lasers for less than he is, and they aren't complaining about "way too many people" buying from them...

I don't have anything against someone trying to make a buck, but there are smarter ways to promote your business than just logging in to a forum and spamming the group.

Adam

However, his post is basically spam. Addictive's point is that Northern Optics registered with PhotonLexicon for the sole purpose of posting an ad for his laser business. He didn't bother to contribute anything to any of the other discussions, and it's likely that he never inteded to. Even the post in question doesn't offer any useful information apart from the blatant promotion of his business. Thus his post is spam.
    I thought about shutting down this thread, but given my past experience with spammers in this forum at least he got it in the right section.

As to his prices being "very competitive", well, that's just not true. And your statement that "Spec does it for a hobby" is silly. Spec isn't going to loose money on the sale of an imported laser, any more than Northern Optics is.
    It has been a while since Ive looked at PGL prices(im sure they have gone down) but when i checked "competitor prices" at other websites this guy was 1/2 the prices of everyone else. If there are cheaper sources out there, please tell me.

Spec is a hobbyist. Spec barters a lot, but yes: I understand your point. No, I do not lose money on sales, that would be real dumb.

Looks like I need to shoot CNI an email about a "group buy" and see what the prices are now.

In fact, if Northern Optics is *really* selling as many lasers as he claims (so many that he had to "cut his sale short" because "way too many people" are taking advantage of it), then he ought to be able to sell them at a discount and still make great money based on the high volume of sales.
    Agreed. That was rather lame. Looks like an attempt to boost sales by stating/simulating demand.

After all, several other retailers are selling lasers for less than he is, and they aren't complaining about "way too many people" buying from them...
    Yea, ive never heard a seller cry over too many sales. Reminds me of the comedy skit with Bill Hicks where he talks about "Rock stars wanting their audience dead"