Thread: IC4-D laser show

Default IC4-D laser show

check this link out. wait till they get the 445s,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un8LLKNp088

Umm..what on earth!?

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

It looks fun but it could be better. I don't know. The lasers didn't seem so impressive. Or maybe it's just the camera, hard to capture?

Default not eye safe

i was thinking a lot about eye damage no way that is legal in the US.

I'm not seeing a problem unless I've missed something.

The divergence on those handheld greens is massive, light flashlights.

The beams split 3 ways and each individual beam is about 3 inches wide a metre out from the performer:

I'm wondering therefore if they're not either exempt as fat beam lasers or if the company using them has them varianced and has been approved to audience scan with them anyway on an audeince scanning variance given the divergence.

The reds are clearly moving heads and not lasers - you can see them on the scafolding if you look carefully (better in the video than the still in fact).

The green laser on stage is scanning the performer not audience.

I was thinking the same thing... How do you like your eyes!? Fried,or extra crispy?
    I like the C02 gun thing

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

the 532 on the mic does not look fat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmvIr...yer_detailpage

if you look at the footage close the red are pointers that came with admission price and are pointed at a ball in the crowd

The red looks different in the 2nd video certainly and when I googled the event it seems you're right, they are laser pointers and given out free with entry. The lights overhead still look like moving heads to me.

This certainly puts a different light on things. However, again legallity wise isn't it going to come down to powers as pointers under 5mw are legal in the US aren't they? Its very hard to tell the powers from the video as it could easily have been saturated to help visibility and the amount of haze in the atmosphere will play a big part too. I doubt with $30 entry they could afford to give anything very powerful away given their other overheads!

That said, I certainly don't approve of pointers in an audience even if at legal powers because the person next to you could be at point blank when they catch your pointer in the eye and although 5mw is generally regarded as safe unless you stare down it for several seconds continuosly, I certainly wouldn't want to risk it.

As for the on stage show, I'm no expert on US Laser Law (far from it) but I understand from previous postings on here that the onus is to protect the audience. I 'm sure someone said the rules don't apply to performers on stage.

All in all therefore, I'm unsure of the legality of this but I certainly wouldn't want to go to an event with pointers of any power in the audience as the risk is simply too great.