Thread: RGB projector

Wink RGB projector

Hi guys. Just wanted to share a video of my recent rgb laser projector project. The projector consists of a FB3 DAC together with Scanpro 20s. Sorry for the quality, hard to film this stuff.

Oh, and happy new year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ4ll3sDe6c

BR, Anders

Not bad! Thanks for sharing. I am surprised how well balanced it looks considering equal powers of 445 and 650 (660 I am sure).

How about some build photos!
    This space for rent.

really beautiful interpretation of the music.. and i haven't heard antiloop in years too

quick question from a noob tho, how long (in hours?) does it take to put one of these together? guess everyones workflow is different, but do you end up being sick of the song having probably listened to it over and over as you're creating it ?

Quote Originally Posted by cynikal View Post
    how long (in hours?) does it take to put one of these together?
    That depends on a lot of things. How picky you want to be about the timing, how many pre-made frames you have to choose from (verses making your own from scratch), how easy your software is to use, and how much experience you have creating shows.

I normally budget 1 hour for every 10 seconds of audio, but these days I rarely use that much time. I've knocked out a beam show to a 3 minute song in less than 6 hours, but I've also spent 30 hours on a graphics show of the same length. It just depends on how complex you want the show to be and how much you're willing to keep working on it.

At some point you just need to say "that's it - it's finished" and move on...
    do you end up being sick of the song having probably listened to it over and over as you're creating it ?
    Not usually. But remember that most people select songs that they really like to begin with, so it's not a big deal having to hear it over and over again.

If I had to do a laser show to a song that I hated, then yeah, by the time I was finished I would probably be pretty depressed...

Adam