Thread: re kindling an old flame.

Default re kindling an old flame.

years ago I loved lumia effects.I went around to all the garage sales and thrift stores to buy as much cheap glassware as i could get. I ended up with 50 or so favorite pieces for lumias. I had a 10 mw He -Ne,and I thought it was the coolest thing. After a few years I got bored with it & got rid of the glassware.
    I read Swamis post and decided to experiment again. I recently completed my r-g-b- argon/He-Ne setup and figured, why not play around with it.
    I took an empty bottle of Desorono & set it in front of the combined beam & it looked ok, instant lumia .The beam was swirled, and pink,red and argon blue-green. I took a prism to break up the colors then put the bottle in front of it & *ka-boom!* color exploded and the images came to life on my wall, seperate lumia color images swirled and combined,layered on top of each other making a pallette of colors that i have never seen before ,some delicate webs of yellows and magentas, other bold violet,green red and blue.
    one particular bump of the table resulted in an image so stunning ,that we spent over an hour photographing the image from every angle. I named the image *moment of ignition*. it has a 3-d effect to it as the red,greens yellows and blues go from left to right. I then used an old lumia wheel I got from laser Fantasy in 1990. I took some close up macro shots of the effect & its the last pic. .
    Enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 119.JPG  

122.JPG  

135.JPG  

145.JPG  

162.JPG  

171.JPG  

218.JPG  

Will there be three phase!!!!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

really pretty stuff. the multiple lines of the argon really pay off when doing lumia. i keep thinking about stuffing the biggest smorgasbord of wavelengths i can afford into my projector. even at low power, the other wavelengths will add to the beauty.

did you get any footage?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    years ago I loved lumia effects.I went around to all the garage sales and thrift stores to buy as much cheap glassware as i could get. I ended up with 50 or so favorite pieces for lumias. I had a 10 mw He -Ne,and I thought it was the coolest thing. After a few years I got bored with it & got rid of the glassware.
    I read Swamis post and decided to experiment again. I recently completed my r-g-b- argon/He-Ne setup and figured, why not play around with it.
    I took an empty bottle of Desorono & set it in front of the combined beam & it looked ok, instant lumia .The beam was swirled, and pink,red and argon blue-green. I took a prism to break up the colors then put the bottle in front of it & *ka-boom!* color exploded and the images came to life on my wall, seperate lumia color images swirled and combined,layered on top of each other making a pallette of colors that i have never seen before ,some delicate webs of yellows and magentas, other bold violet,green red and blue.
    one particular bump of the table resulted in an image so stunning ,that we spent over an hour photographing the image from every angle. I named the image *moment of ignition*. it has a 3-d effect to it as the red,greens yellows and blues go from left to right. I then used an old lumia wheel I got from laser Fantasy in 1990. I took some close up macro shots of the effect & its the last pic. .
    Enjoy.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

nope, no footage, these were static effects against the wall in my studio. just the pics.
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Thumbs up ...'Atta Boy', Nate! :)

Nice, very nice! The first few pix remind me of those 'slo-mo'-series photos - you know, the ones with, like, a '.30-30 blowing thru an apple', etc.. ...and that last-one... beauty-full!! ...and you'll be 'showin em how it's done' - again - when you finally have the Purelight in yer kitch, eh?

You guys are my heros... Lovin seein' all these optical-fx 'coming back' - time to put the 'cream' back in laser shows.... Keep up the knarly werk, guys...

cya
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thumbs up

great pics, SWEET ! i love lumia effects

dave321
    dave321

Man those pics are wicked- people who don't try lumia don't know what they are missing!
    Thanks, Mike

very inspiring results. nice work! you are giving me ideas for my next project!

I am totally in to Lumia....it always holds something new for me, personally. Very cool pics....