Thread: FrameStreamer 2.0 vs RIYA Multibus Lite

Question FrameStreamer 2.0 vs RIYA Multibus Lite

After a bit of searching, I've narrowed it down to these two options: the Multibus Lite and the FrameStreamer Express.

They're both the same price (a difference of $2-3 after shipping), and both are pretty similar in terms of what they offer.

I haven't been able to find much in the way of feedback about either of them, so I thought it'd be best to ask around.

Basically, though, it comes down to two things:

• The FrameStreamer Express has manual adjustments for X and Y scan size. These could be useful.
    • The FrameStreamer only supports NLS, Spaghetti, HE-Laserscan, and Mamba Black.
    • The RIYA is compact. It's a bloody cable, there's no boxes or anything.
    • The RIYA supports most of what the FS supports, as well as LFI player (which I have heard is a very powerful piece of software)

Taking price out of consideration, which would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

I've found a solution to your problem - bought one framestreamer 2 from Norm and ordered a RIYA lite from Drlava. :-)
    Framestreamer works good with mamba, but I want RIYA for LaserCam, ILDSOS and a bunch of other software.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetone View Post
    I've found a solution to your problem - bought one framestreamer 2 from Norm and ordered a RIYA lite from Drlava. :-)
    Framestreamer works good with mamba, but I want RIYA for LaserCam, ILDSOS and a bunch of other software.
    If I could afford to, I'd buy both.

I still think the RIYA's a better idea, simply because it supports more software. But I don't know. :s