Thread: LAFAN Laser show system??

Default LAFAN Laser show system??

Hello all!

New to the laser world here and would like to find out what i just got for free and if its possible to fix.

A friend of mine game me two LAFAN laser show systme model LF-s8+ green laser.
    Reason he game them to me is because they didn't work anymore.

One of them shoots the laser to the lower left and when i turn on the stand alone switch it don't do much it scans left and right and up and down that's it.

Second one is a little better it does shoot patterns but not aligned right then if jumps out of place and it seems like the patterns are getting shot inside the box.

Is there anything i can do or should i just give up and leave it to you pros on here?

Thanks in advanced!

Can someone move to the help thread... sorry for posting here

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck King View Post
    Can someone move to the help thread... sorry for posting here
    Your fine, here, how about some pics with the lids off so we can see what your talking about? Sounds like you dont have a working controller so far.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

The person who owned it didn't take to much care of them. Here the pics of one the other one looks exactly the same.

Back

label on laser

top view, i noticed it has another laser?

That just looks bad. on the second laser the mirror looks better.

Hopefully this helps, I'm exited to try and get them to work!

thanks Steve

Chuck

Chuck,

Can you take a few pictures with the lasers on, while the case lid is still off? That will help see about alignment issues etc.. More picture the better, we love as many as we can get here....

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Here is a lot more pics let me know if you guys want close up pics of certain parts.

This is when i first turn it on

This is when its on auto mode

Here it looks like its not even hitting the mirror

I would make sure that the green laser is not loose, you should be able to adjust either it or the mirror, heck even the mirror on the mount... Is the second laser functioning?

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

The laser is screwed down good it looks like i can move the mirror and the second laser not working. It does say its a 50mW as to the green one i have no idea.

forgot to mention that the pics on the red wall are my ceiling for some reason it goes out of wack and shoots in the box straight up so with the top off it scared the crap out of me.

These are stepper motor scanners. Stepper motors rely on having an end stop. The end stops in your case are provided by long screws that contact a metal tang.

In picture 11 above; it would appear that one of the end stop screws has been replaced with a short screw, hence the beam exiting the top of the case.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.