Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know about a Lasersonics 250Z CO2 Laser?

Default Anyone know about a Lasersonics 250Z CO2 Laser?

Hello all,

I have a Lasersonics 250Z CO2 Surgical laser. I am brand new to lasers and don't know much about what can be done with this. I sell medical and lab equipment for a living and picked this up for resale.

But then I started getting interested in astronomy which lead me to search for a good green laser pointer. That search got me talking to atlasnova which in turn lead to this site.

After spending alot of time reading about lasers this last week I am hesitating to just off this. I'm sure its more than I need for quite sometime but hell It could be fun.

Do any of you know much about this model? It was in use up until I bought it and was recently calibrated. It only came with the Nitrogen tank and I will have to get some CO2 to use it.

I am thinking someone here may be interested in it and maybe we can work a trade. I think I'd rather have several weaker lasers but who knows, I'm just getting started.

Feel free to pm me about it or post info here.

Thanks

Ryan

Default Re: Anyone know about a Lasersonics 250Z CO2 Laser?

Welcome to PhotonLexicon! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Lots of great people.
    Quote Originally Posted by pietruk
    I have a Lasersonics 250Z CO2 Surgical laser. I am brand new to lasers and don't know much about what can be done with this.
    Well, you can burn stuff with it... That's about it. The beam is invisible, and it's pretty far into the IR spectrum (10,600 nm) where glass becomes opaque to the radiation, so it's hard to focus.
    But then I started getting interested in astronomy which lead me to search for a good green laser pointer. That search got me talking to atlasnova which in turn lead to this site.
    You can have a lot of fun with that pointer and some simple optics. Diffraction gratings are great, so are spinning mirrors. You can create an almost infinite variety of lissajous patterns (think "spirograph" and you've got the idea) with nothing more than two battery powered hobby motors with mirrors on them and a cheap variable resistor as a speed control.
    After spending alot of time reading about lasers this last week I am hesitating to just off this. I'm sure its more than I need for quite sometime but hell It could be fun.
    Well, if you want to burn things, then yeah - it will be lots of fun. But since the beam is invisible, there isn't much else you can do with it. Still, unless you think you're going to get a lot of money for it, you might want to keep it as a novelty.
    I think I'd rather have several weaker lasers but who knows, I'm just getting started.
    Makes sense... Lots of smaller lasers give you the freedom to experiment with a lot of different effects. Invisible lasers can be very cool, but for me at least, it's the visble beams that hold my attention.

Have a look in the Photon Lexicon Gallery for some idea of what is possible.

Adam

i now nothing about CO2 lasers, so I just say: Welcome to the forum

Thanks fopr the the welcome.

I'm liking it here.

Ryan

I have one of these 250Z CO2 lasers, but mine was non-working so I have borrowed a few bits from it for other projects. It is a 40 watt flowing gas CO2 laser in a nice compact form. As a flowing gas laser it is not too desirable nowadays, but there are a few parts in it that are probably worth selling.

Vacuum pump
    Radiator/waterpump/fan assembly
    ZnSe beam combiner (small and valuable)
    Articulated arm
    Switching HV power supply

After you remove all that and sell it, you can probably still get $100 on ebay for the tube

Of course if it actually works, it is a fairly compact little laser system that just needs to sip some gas and will never need to be sent back to the factory for a refill.

Hello,

im interested in that laser if you still have it, i have some argons to trade

Eduardo

Default 250Z Laser

I mainly deal with servicing CO2, Yag, and now KTP lasers. I have many laser projects of my own running, and I sell off the spare bit's on Ebay, and direct. I have dealt with many 250Z lasers. Great little unit! As stated earlier, good for burning bugs, but will never be any good for visible light, unlike a YAG where you can pump a green beam. Where are you located?

if youre parting that puppy out i may be interested in the ZnSe beam combiner, been looking for one...

Default 250Z Cooper Laser

I have parts and documentation for them. How did you end up missing the beam combiner? Sort of strange part to be missing? It is ussually the controls that go.

Default LaserSonics LS 250Z CO2 laser

Does anyone know the 4 digit code to enter to fire this laser?